Pregnancy

Featured Posts
djsmommy13
Not knowing the sex
January 13, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I was wandering if anyone has decided not to know the sex of your baby and how did you go about buying things since I know not very many things are gender nuetral anymore

Replies

• Victoriaoh
    January 13, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    I had my baby 3 weeks ago and we waited to find out. It made for a great moment in the delivery room. I was able to find almost everything I needed gender neutral. The Pack n Play is red, bouncy seat, stroller, high chair, carseat, Rock n Play and walker are all either, yellow, green or jungle animals. Clothes were a little trickier. It was difficult to find gender neutral clothes. But, really when they are newborns you don't need many clothes.
  • jesuschild06
    January 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM

i made my own bedding. duckies and pirates. clothes, just looking around whereever you go, and it being random you can usually find enough. but all you really need is one or two outfit to go home in, and you can then go buy clothes. got grey carseats. green bounsy (it was given to us), and not sure of a swing yet. but not too worried about that. But even then, I plan on making covers for the bounsy and swing to match the bedding. 

• Heather2001
    January 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I never found out the sex of any of my three kids before birth.  You really only need a few gender-neutral things initially anyway.  Some white onesies, a few pairs of pajamas/gowns.  Most of the other stuff can be purchased after baby is born and you know if it's a boy or girl.  And the big stuff - strollers, carseats, etc. are better purchased gender neutral anyway, IMO, since you can use them for more than one child and not have to worry about replacing them.

• Devious103102
    January 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM

MEMEMEMEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went without knowing for my first and my 4th, had it been up to me I wouldn't have found out with ANY of them, but the tech ruined it with my 2nd and DH was deployed for during our 3rd and wanted to find out so I did for him (we have 4 daughters) and if I have another I'll be keeping it a surprise again =0)   

There are PLENTY of neutral things, you just have to look. Ducks, fish, anything animal related, really. With DD1 we did a winnie the pooh theme for everything (regular pooh with bright/bold colors, not classic pooh) and everything we got her were yellow's and green's and whites and lots of jammies, lol.  For DD4 I did a celestial theme and we did get a lot of "boy" stuff (blue boy-ish onesies, dino jammies, etc) but, for me, it's no biggie since I'm not a fan of pink or dresses or frilly stuff anyway =0)

• Cynthje
    by Cynthje
    January 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I didnt find out with either one of my kids, we dont do nurseries so that part was easy! clothes were just simple neutral coloured onesies and pj's for the first few weeks!

We got a ton of gender specific stuff after they were born and loved the surprise at birth!

• brittany208
    January 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM

We found out the gender for sure! But there is plenty of gender neutral things out there for anyone that is looking.

• mommyto3121405
    January 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM

just buy some white ones and socks and some gneder neutral on oieces u can get everything else after birth

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I did not really "decide" lol--    I have never had any ultrasounds in my preganncies (so no choice!).
      ;-)

I took whatever I was given for gifts/hand-me-downs and was grateful for all that, whatever color it was.  lol

• mkmommy0406
    January 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM
    I'm 27 weeks and not finding out. This is our third and last. We have a boy and a girl so this is our last chance for a surprise baby! I kept a few clothes from my other two so we have enough to get us home from the hospital then I can go shopping after that. Baby will be in our room, so no nursery, the pack n play is brown and smoky blue which matches our bedroom. The travel system is multicolored stripes and black. A swing was given to me and its pink and brown but it'll still swing a lil boy.
    Our kids aren't babies anymore, they're 6 and 8, so we will have a shower since we're starting over but it will be after birth and will be a meet the baby/shower/cookout type thing.
  • Cynthje
    by Cynthje
    January 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM

My daughter did end up wearing a boy pj right after birth (pic is even here on cm) but it didnt bother me at all that it had trucks on it!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts