Pregnancy

Cmarie89
Overweight and pregnant
January 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Is anyone else overweight or obese and pregnant? How are you handling it. I've never been this heavy in my life and I'm scared I'm going to gain a lot of weight..

Replies

• v.gross13
    January 16, 2013 at 2:46 AM
    I weighed 159 before I got pregnant with my first baby. I gained 70 pounds. It sucked. I was depressed for months over it. Now I weight 212 and I am pregnant again. I'm absolutely terrified of getting huge!!!
  • mellieme24
    January 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I was obese (still am) when I got pregnant with both my kids.  I was about 290 when I got pregnent with my DS.  I gained about 15lbs with him and he was a healthy little guy born 9 days early and weighed 7lbs 9oz.  With my DD I was at 300 and I ended up gaining only 5lbs total with her.  I was up to about 15lbs but found out I had GD and lost just about 10lbs in the last 10 weeks.  She was born a week early (they induced me) and she was 7lbs 4oz.   

My DS is now almost 4 and my DD is 5 months today. We are all very healthy...and since I had my DD I have lost about 20 lbs sticking to the diet I was on due to the GD.  If you have any concerns talk about them with your doc.  They will most likely be more than happy to answer them for you. 

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN