Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Cmarie89
Overweight and pregnant
January 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Is anyone else overweight or obese and pregnant? How are you handling it. I've never been this heavy in my life and I'm scared I'm going to gain a lot of weight..

Replies

• chi_moma
    January 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I was obese during my last pregnancy. It scared me cuz I knew I'd end up on bed rest and wouldn't be able to exercise much. I just started walking (before I was given my bed rest order) and watched what I ate. I was lucky to have no horrible cravings with my last one but I know how hard they can be to ignore. I ended up with gestational diabetes which caused other problems. But in the end everything turned out fine. I lost 5lbs total during the last 6 weeks so it at least was something lol (I gained almost 60lbs overall)

• Cmarie89
    January 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    Yeah I'm scared that I may have to be on bed rest near the end, I'm only 8 weeks pregnant and 200 lbs. the doctor said I only need to gain 11-20 Lbs and idk if that's possible lol, I'm trying to walk but I'm just so tired and nauseous all I wanna do is sleep..
  • Hoevegirl1986
    January 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM

i started out at 223lbs which for me was great i had lost 90lbs before i got pregnant but when i had my son i was up to 272lbs and 18months later i'm at 275lbs i've always been over weight i didn't wan to be over weight when i was pregnant but that was my own damn fault!

• Cmarie89
    January 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    That's true it's my fault completely. In 2008 I was 140 then I got Pcos and gained 60 pounds then lost 20 now I'm back at 200. I just wish I could have lost weight before getting pregnant.... I just need to try and eat healthy while I'm pregnant and after.
  • somuchlove4U
    January 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    I'm obese and pregnant. Due to hypermesis I lost 40 pounds. Now that I can eat I've kept the weight off. I eat fruit all day with other foods, which helps.
  • Zadidoll
    January 13, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Quoting Cmarie89:

Is anyone else overweight or obese and pregnant? How are you handling it. I've never been this heavy in my life and I'm scared I'm going to gain a lot of weight..

Do you have an exercise routine in place? It doesn't have to be elaborate - walking or swimming will do. I would recommend talking to your doctor if you're concerned to see what kind of a diet you should be one. What I mean by diet isn't pill popping, calorie counting but rather what HEALTHY foods you can eat that is healthy for you and the baby but that won't pack on the pounds.

• asaffell
    January 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Hugs, mama. It's hard, especially in the beginning. I got pregnant after losing around 25 pounds and gained a bit back right away. The first trimester was awful and I barely did anything, so I'm just now getting back to working out and being active. I'm actually hoping to get a group of us together on Facebook who are trying to have fit and healthy pregnancies. :)

• Cmarie89
    January 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM
    That would actually be a great idea! I would be down for that.. I need all the support I can get :)

Thanks everyone for the great advice and responses :) makes me feel a little better :)
  • Mrs.Andrews
    January 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I was 190 when I got pregnant the first time and gained 60 or 70 pounds while pregnant. I was 200 at the start of my second pregnancy and only gained 20 pounds (all after 20 weeks and when I started getting milkshakes every few days) I was 206 a few weeks after delivery. 

I think it is really important to eat healthy and stay active during pregnancy. You CAN keep your weight down. My doctor told me it would be best if I didn't gain any weight at all my whole pregnancy. When I gained a lot the first time was because I was eating a TON of junk food. 

I also have PCOS and pre-diabetes and had gestational diabetes during my second pregnancy. 

• Cmarie89
    January 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    I'm 200 now and wish I wasn't. I'm trying to eat healthy but really nothing sounds good to eat.. I haven't really exercised at all, I know I should but I'm so tired all the time.. I just want to sleep.. :(

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN