Pregnancy

Featured Posts
QueenB0513
Am I Evil?
January 9, 2013 at 1:05 AM
No, I don't think I'm possesed, just a silly title lol my question comes from some personal conflict. 18 weeks pregnant, still don't know the gender of the baby. My boyfriend (Thomas) and I have been discussing names since day one. Now, if its a boy, he has his heart absolutely set on having his little namesake. This is his first child and my 2nd. He's a wonderful man, very loving and caring and will be an excellent father. But my heart has always been set on naming any future son Daniel, for many reasons. My grandmother has a beloved uncle named Daniel, who she named her youngest son after, my uncle. They both passed away, the great uncle well into his 80s, and sadly her son at 29, of a brain tumor. We were very close to my uncle as kids, he was 14 when I was born and more like a big brother. It was devastating when he passed away when I was 15. Well, almost 10 years later, my little sister became pregnant with identical twin boys. She ended up suffering from placenta previa and having to deliever her sons at 16 weeks, both had died inside of her. She named them Daniel and Jordin. Now that I'm pregnant, I very much want to name the baby Daniel, to remember those we've lost. I'm even considering Danielle or Daniella for a girl. But he is so set on having his Jr. Am I evil for considering trying to talk him out of his dream just so I can have mine? I'm so torn :-(

Replies

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Does he have any ties to his name choice?

• QueenB0513
    January 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    He just wants to have a Jr. Well, he's a Jr, he wants the baby to be the 3rd. Not particularly close to his dad. I think its more about it being his first kid and that macho "I made a boy" crap. We don't even know the gender yet...but I'm hoping for a girl so badly, I don't want to have to make this choice.
  • doulala
    by doulala
    January 9, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Quoting QueenB0513:

He just wants to have a Jr. Well, he's a Jr, he wants the baby to be the 3rd. Not particularly close to his dad. I think its more about it being his first kid and that macho "I made a boy" crap. We don't even know the gender yet...but I'm hoping for a girl so badly, I don't want to have to make this choice.

Either of you can always wait and use the name on the next boy, too.
    ;-)

Are you considering having an ultrasound (and find out gender if you do)?

• mj.bullion
    January 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    Maybe compromise? Daniel Thomas? May not be a 'jr' but he will still be named after him.
  • amc103
    by amc103
    January 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM

What about Daniel Thomas or Thomas Daniel?

• MsGrayciesMommy
    January 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM
    My boyfriend and I compromised. He wants a jr too, and since it only makes sense that the first boy be a jr. (Not second or third ect) We decided I name if a girl, and if a boy he'll be a jr. I always liked the idea of our first boy named after daddy, so winwin for me. lol
  • lovemygage
    January 9, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    I like the idea of Thomas Daniel.
    It may be hard for your sister to call your baby Daniel, when she should have a little Daniel herself.
  • QueenB0513
    January 9, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    I thought about that, and I did ask her. She likes the idea. We'd like to keep the name in the family. My boyfriend is like refusing to compromise even a little bit, which actually did cause us to argue recently...which isn't saying much, my hormones are off the wall, we argue fairly often lol. I just don't like the idea that I'm willing to at least consider his perspective and he won't open up to mine. And I really think this will be my last baby, its been a hard hard pregnancy so far, not sure I could handle it again. *sigh*....can I somehow just blame this on men lol

Quoting lovemygage:

It may be hard for your sister to call your baby Daniel, when she should have a little Daniel herself.

• lovemygage
    January 9, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    If she is OK with it, I'd do it!
    YOU are pregnant, yeah its his kid, but still- he's not even close with his dad.
    I am naming my boy after my brother that passed, so I know its a sensitive meaningful thing.
    Your momma! Your in charge, let him be pissed.

Quoting QueenB0513:

I thought about that, and I did ask her. She likes the idea. We'd like to keep the name in the family. My boyfriend is like refusing to compromise even a little bit, which actually did cause us to argue recently...which isn't saying much, my hormones are off the wall, we argue fairly often lol. I just don't like the idea that I'm willing to at least consider his perspective and he won't open up to mine. And I really think this will be my last baby, its been a hard hard pregnancy so far, not sure I could handle it again. *sigh*....can I somehow just blame this on men lol

Quoting lovemygage:

• anxiousschk
    January 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I really, REALLY disagree with this.  

To completely disregard his wishes sets you up for so many problems later, not to mention, why would you disrespect the man that you love and that you've chosen to have a child with that way?  

I would attempt a compromise with Daniel as the middle name.  

Quoting lovemygage:

If she is OK with it, I'd do it!
    YOU are pregnant, yeah its his kid, but still- he's not even close with his dad.
    I am naming my boy after my brother that passed, so I know its a sensitive meaningful thing.
    Your momma! Your in charge, let him be pissed.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN