Pregnancy

Featured Posts
K-Chan
cloth diapers
by K-Chan
January 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I am looking into cloth diapers and leaning more towards the gdiapers. Any opinions on them? 

What about GroVia? 

Replies

• robbinbj
    January 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I haven't used gdiapers, we use BumGenius and Fuzzibuns, and we LOVE them! My one big recommendation, is to buy diapers that snap shut, rather than velcro.

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM

CD are great!
    I love how much healthier for babies and cheaper they are, but used prefolds not Gdiapers.

GL!

• Duquesne
    January 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    Hated gDiapers.
  • K-Chan
    by K-Chan
    January 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I was thinking the gdiapers because they are more like disposable and will make less laundry and less of a mess for dh. lol

Quoting robbinbj:

I haven't used gdiapers, we use BumGenius and Fuzzibuns, and we LOVE them! My one big recommendation, is to buy diapers that snap shut, rather than velcro.

• K-Chan
    by K-Chan
    January 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

why?

Quoting Duquesne:

Hated gDiapers.

• Duquesne
    January 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    Leaked every time. Expensive. Had to change liner and pant each time despite their promise. Many other better choices.

Quoting K-Chan:

why?

Quoting Duquesne:

Hated gDiapers.

• Raeann11
    January 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I love cloth diapering. They are not as hard as you or so much work as you think they might be at first. Yes I have to do more laundry. But no big deal I am home anyways and all it is a run down stairs to put them in, start a few more washes, put what needs in the dry and hang up what needs to be hung up. They are also just so darn cute.

• butterflyk1ssez
    January 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM

G diapers suck. They are the most commonly returned and most commonly resold on trade and sell boards. They leak and have so many issues. If you want a bio diaper I'd go with GroVia.  Also, Flip one of bumgenius's brand also have disposable inserts.

We use: bum genius diapers *including flip, GroVia, Thirsties and prefolds/flats, and some fuzzibunz, bububibi, kawaii.

• bebcarroll
    January 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    Yeah, unless you catch the kid as soon as they pee, and I mean that second, the gDiapers leaked and then you had to change the whole thing. I always left my all in one diapers for my husband, it was just like putting on a disposable, so he had no learning curve with them. Other wise we just used pre-folds and Thirsties covers. It was the cheapest way that was still convenient for me.
  • notjstanothrmom
    January 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Pass!

They are VERY expensive. You need to size up everytime they grow. So those newborns will fit a maybe 3-4 weeks, then the smalls maybe 3-4 months and then mediums. The disposable inserts are pricey and pointless if you want to use cloth. The reusable inserts are expensive and they aren't stay-dry either. The liners get stained and if your baby is on the chunkier side they could cut right into their bum and leave marks.

If you are set on a hybrid I would look into the Flip system by BumGenius. They are one size so will fit from about 10-12 lbs. to potty training. You can buy their inserts or use prefolds which will work the same.

I am personally a bigger fan of pockets and AI2's. I also prefer to buy handmade WAHM diapers because they are cuter and better made.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN