K-Chan
cloth diapers
by K-Chan
January 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I am looking into cloth diapers and leaning more towards the gdiapers. Any opinions on them? 

What about GroVia? 

Replies

• robbinbj
    January 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I haven't used gdiapers, we use BumGenius and Fuzzibuns, and we LOVE them! My one big recommendation, is to buy diapers that snap shut, rather than velcro.

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM

CD are great!
    I love how much healthier for babies and cheaper they are, but used prefolds not Gdiapers.

GL!

• Duquesne
    January 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    Hated gDiapers.
  • K-Chan
    by K-Chan
    January 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I was thinking the gdiapers because they are more like disposable and will make less laundry and less of a mess for dh. lol

Quoting robbinbj:

I haven't used gdiapers, we use BumGenius and Fuzzibuns, and we LOVE them! My one big recommendation, is to buy diapers that snap shut, rather than velcro.

• K-Chan
    by K-Chan
    January 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

why?

Quoting Duquesne:

Hated gDiapers.

• Duquesne
    January 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    Leaked every time. Expensive. Had to change liner and pant each time despite their promise. Many other better choices.

Quoting K-Chan:

why?

Quoting Duquesne:

Hated gDiapers.

• Raeann11
    January 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I love cloth diapering. They are not as hard as you or so much work as you think they might be at first. Yes I have to do more laundry. But no big deal I am home anyways and all it is a run down stairs to put them in, start a few more washes, put what needs in the dry and hang up what needs to be hung up. They are also just so darn cute.

• butterflyk1ssez
    January 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM

G diapers suck. They are the most commonly returned and most commonly resold on trade and sell boards. They leak and have so many issues. If you want a bio diaper I'd go with GroVia.  Also, Flip one of bumgenius's brand also have disposable inserts.

We use: bum genius diapers *including flip, GroVia, Thirsties and prefolds/flats, and some fuzzibunz, bububibi, kawaii.

• bebcarroll
    January 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    Yeah, unless you catch the kid as soon as they pee, and I mean that second, the gDiapers leaked and then you had to change the whole thing. I always left my all in one diapers for my husband, it was just like putting on a disposable, so he had no learning curve with them. Other wise we just used pre-folds and Thirsties covers. It was the cheapest way that was still convenient for me.
  • notjstanothrmom
    January 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Pass!

They are VERY expensive. You need to size up everytime they grow. So those newborns will fit a maybe 3-4 weeks, then the smalls maybe 3-4 months and then mediums. The disposable inserts are pricey and pointless if you want to use cloth. The reusable inserts are expensive and they aren't stay-dry either. The liners get stained and if your baby is on the chunkier side they could cut right into their bum and leave marks.

If you are set on a hybrid I would look into the Flip system by BumGenius. They are one size so will fit from about 10-12 lbs. to potty training. You can buy their inserts or use prefolds which will work the same.

I am personally a bigger fan of pockets and AI2's. I also prefer to buy handmade WAHM diapers because they are cuter and better made.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts