Alybaby25
Co-sleeping
January 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
What is everyones feelings on co-sleeping? Is it safe to have your baby sleep with u?? How many of you do that or are going to?

Replies

• LucyHarper
    January 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM

We don't do it, we don't believe it to be safe and just could never take that risk. Our baby sleeps in their crib next to our bed.

• jeh81489
    January 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Do not do it I co-sleeped with my son and I had so much trouble getting him to sleep in his own bed when he got older all the way up to age 4 he is now 5 and still now and then he doesn't want to sleep by himself.

expecting baby

• doulala
    by doulala
    January 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM

It is safer than to not have baby, plus much more convenient!
    :-)

• Randi02
    by Randi02
    January 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    This.
    We bedshare from birth.

It's not safer if you're obese, bottle feeding, under the influence of drugs/alcohol etc.
    Baby should always be next to the breastfeeding mother, and only in a bed - never a couch or recliner.

Quoting doulala:

It is safer than to not have baby, plus much more convenient!
    :-)

• LKRA
    by LKRA
    January 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    There's cosleeping and there's bedsharing. Both are safe if done correctly. My daughter slept with us until she was 18 months old. My son is 14 months old, and sleeps with us. We'll move him to a toddler bed this spring.
  • LKRA
    by LKRA
    January 8, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    That's co-sleeping. :)
    Quoting LucyHarper:

We don't do it, we don't believe it to be safe and just could never take that risk. Our baby sleeps in their crib next to our bed.

• CRiley10
    January 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I have four kids and they all slept with us for first few months. I put a pillow in between my husband and baby so he has a boundary. He sleeps heavy...l do not! 

I breastfeed so it works for us. If youre a heavy sleeper, on meds, under influence of alcohol I would say no...don't do it. Otherwise it's how safe you feel about it. I've had them in their own beds early on and they'd choke on spit up and so on so safety depends on parents and situation. 

• jeh81489
    January 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I have always been told by my doc that co-sleeping is having the baby sleeing with you in bed

Quoting LKRA:

Quoting LucyHarper:

• Duquesne
    January 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    That's bed sharing. ;)

Quoting jeh81489:

I have always been told by my doc that co-sleeping is having the baby sleeing with you in bed

Quoting LKRA:

Quoting LucyHarper:

• LKRA
    by LKRA
    January 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    Yah. Doctors are not very hip to the lingo. lol
    Quoting Duquesne:

That's bed sharing. ;)

Quoting jeh81489:

Quoting LKRA:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts