Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Krentas
Help please.
by Krentas
January 4, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Hello, this is my first pregnancy and like many I have major concerns and I'm a little scared. Like many this was not planned and I want to do things right. I have not started taking prenatal vitamins. I am 5 weeks and 2 days as of today..am I already harming my baby?

Replies

• ryryab
    by ryryab
    January 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Hi :) This is also my first pregnancy, also not planned. I don't think you've hurt the baby, since many pregnancies aren't planned, many don't take prenatals the entire pregnancy long. Just start taking them now, stop drinking, stop smoking, eat healthy, and you should be fine. Congrats and good luck! Oh, and if you ever want to talk, feel free to message me. I'm 6 weeks 3days today.

• meam4444
    January 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Hi Mama!  Try not to worry.  Right now, your baby is taking what he/she needs from you...and at 5 weeks, they really aren't taking too many nutrients yet.  I rarely ever take prenatals, and all four of my children have came out perfect.

As far as anything else goes, just try to relax.  And, we are all here for you.  Feel free to let us know if you have any other concerns or questions.  Since you are 5 weeks, I assume you are due in September?  Here is the link to the September due date group too--http://www.cafemom.com/group/117896

• meam4444
    January 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM

And, congratulations!!

• munkymummy
    January 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM

your not harming your baby but it is a good idea to start taking prenatals, even if they are over the counter or cvs brand etc. you need the extra folic acid they have in them . pregnancy can be scary just make sure to follow dr orders, no smoking drinking etc and go to every appt.

• southernbelletx
    January 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    Prenatals aren't just for the baby. Do you value your body? If you don't take them you will be depleted of vitamins in your body since baby will take from you. They're cheap.
  • Cynthje
    by Cynthje
    January 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM

If you are eating a well balanced and healthy diet it should not be a big deal, the only thing thats nealy impossible to get from diet alone is folic acid

• Amycapl
    by Amycapl
    January 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM

i agree with the above poster.. folic acid is the most important.  vitamins are seriously overrated.  many women don't know they are pregnant till 6 or 7 weeks (some longer).  just start (if you don't already) treating your body really really well!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN