Pregnancy

Featured Posts
CiaForTheWin
Myth About Pregnancy
January 4, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Hello Everyone :)

I am writing this simply because I am in new territory. I had sex a 6 days before my period was expected to show up. I typically am very regular. I went off birth control in October (this was on purpose). All I have felt is a day (maybe a few hours) of cramping and now...nothing. No spotting, no full on bleeding...nothing. I am not a full week late yet but I am close to it. 

I can only go off of when my period app says that I ovulate and I was not intimate during that time. It was well after it. I want to know if it is possible to get pregnant that close to my period's due date.

I will appreciate any answer. Whether I am or not, we've already started a family and this will not be our first child. I simply want to know if it is possible or if any of you ladies had unprotected sex so close to your due date and missed your cycle.

Also, how soon can a blood test detect pregnancy? I tend to show very late with a urine test.

Replies

• Pandapanda
    January 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Only a week before your period is due makes it unlikely that you concieved during that time. However, since you came off hormonal birth control a few months ago, you could still be infertile from it, your cycles could be irregular as the last of the hormones leave your body, it could be from the holidays, etc. 

• Bitemebetty
    January 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    I got pregnant close to my date. I ovulated about three weeks late.
  • tyrelsmom
    January 4, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    If you just went off birth control your cycle can be screwed up for a while because of that.
  • CiaForTheWin
    January 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM

You're right. I didn't think about my cycle going haywire since its been pretty spot-on. My OB said that getting off the pill and trying right away could actually get me pregnant faster. On the other hand I was told by another person (NOT a doctor) that I need to get off of the pill 6 months prior to making an attempt to conceive in order to get the hormones completely out of my system.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN