lulu_tattoos
designer gowns
January 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Designer labor gowns... Posh pushers...

Is anyone planning on purchasing a special labor gown for their labor and delivery?

We have a local business that makes them and they sell for about $50. They're exactly like hospital gowns but have different fabric and a pretty ribbon to tie around the ribcage. I've also seen some on etsy that are the same concept that sell for anywhere from $35 to $75. Then there is one line that is "disposable" that sells for $24-$30... Those are a bit different with a halter neck and low back, and a big hole for the belly that has tie closures.

What are your feelings on these? Is it something you would invest in?

Replies

• butterflyk1ssez
    January 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM

why invest in a gown when you're going to get blood, water and other secretions on it?

I'm having a home birth so I will rock my tank top and sweat pants until I feel uncomfortable and hot and gross which usually happens to me in labor. I sweated so much during my first delivery and hated the gowns design. They droop, they're not fitted, and they look like great grandma's moo moo no matter what fabric you put on it. 

• Turtledoves
    January 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    Last time I labored naked. I ripped the wet, gross gown off and refused to put on another one. So no, I wouldn't invest in a pretty one. It won't be pretty once you're done with it!
  • RheaF
    by RheaF
    January 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I would never buy one. Labor and birth gets messy! I would not want to take that home and wash it, or toss out all the money I spent on it. Hospital gowns are just fine for me. Let the hospital deal with the bloody,sweaty, yuky, gown,lol.

• anxiousschk
    January 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I've seen them and they are cute. 

However, I'm sticking with a tank top and yoga pants.  I simply never feel comfortable in a hospital gown.  

• YngCollegeSMom
    January 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Yes I want to buy one. The reason? Pictures of the birth. I doubt that anyone will be judging my ugly green hospital gown, but its my first baby and I think it would be nice. 

• amy31308
    January 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I want to get one this time! I think they are sooo cute :)

• meam4444
    January 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I LOVE them!  I bought three of them with my last birth.  I felt so good to be feeling somewhat pretty and put together in them.  It was totally worth the money in my eyes.

Oh and I didn't wear them for the birth, but I changed afterwards into them and wore them during my stay at the hospital and them PP at home.  It was nice to be pretty with visitors.

• LaughingTattoo
    January 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Nah...Im not wasting money to bleed on something special

• meam4444

^^I had give birth in the water hence why I didnt wear one.

• luvmymunchkins3
    nope i did not buy one i think they are kind of ridiculous
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts