Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Cafe Jenn
Get Ready for Baby Day 7: Pack your Bags/Gather your Supplies
January 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Today's challenge is to pack your bags or gather your supplies.

Right around the 35 week mark, you should start putting together your hospital or birth center bag. If you are having a Home Birth, you'll want to ensure you have all your supplies that you'll need, as well as any food and drinks, you'll want during labor and after.

Some suggestions for your hospital/birth center bag are music to listen to during labor, a book to read, cards or other games to play, crossword or soduko books, clothes for you, clothes for baby, soap and shampoo for you, slippers, socks. If you prefer a certain kind of sanitary pad, you'll want to bring those, too. If you cloth diaper, you'll want to bring enough diapers for at least two days. You'll also want your cell phone and charger and your camera with extra batteries or the charger for your battery. 

What will you put in your bag? If you are home birthing, what kind of supplies do you want to have on hand? If you've already had your baby, what would you suggest moms to be bring with them? If you've had a home birth, do you have any suggestions for others who are home birthing?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Replies

• mama-smurf
    January 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    Toothbrush, hair brush, phone charger, robe, clothes, slippers, camera. Thats it

For baby, socks, bib, onesie, sleepee, hat, baby book, snowsuit, blanket.
  • jessymoka
    January 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    One thing I put in my hospital bag is those squeezy stress balls, two for each hand... When labor gets very rough I put one in each hand and SQUEEZE, it really helps.
    Also I add your standard stuff, clothes, undergarments, toiletries, slippers.
  • TwiPottermommy
    January 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    I will pack my nook, clothes for me and baby, camera and camcorder, diapers and the formula I want to use.
  • MamaSarah1104
    January 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    I'm kind of last minute. I don't really need much. I'll have my phone and a present for my children. Other things aren't too important because I know my hubby can go grab anything after baby is born.
  • momma_hambrook
    January 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    For mom: toothpaste, toothbrush, and shampoos.. Clothes to go home in.. Phone charger, camera with charger or batteries..

baby: clothes for after bath, and going hone outfit... I also take my own blankets for her..
  • MamaBear2cubs
    January 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I always packed comfy clothes, shampoo,conditioner,Tooth brush and paste, and laptop.Forgot hair brush lol.

• LoriAnn87
    January 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I'm starting to pack mine now because with my first i wasn't prepared at all. I'm packing clothes for my son, tolierty stuff, underwear, bra, socks, pj's bottoms, t shirt, camera, phone charger, snack and lotion.

• kcangel63
    January 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Mistletoe tincture, shepherds purse tea, chux pads, towels, postpartum pads, hemp twin to tie the cord, xacto knife to cut the cord, hanging digital scale and baby ring sling to weigh baby, camera, baby clothes, cloth diapers, bowl for placenta.
  • blessedmommie07
    January 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I'd bring all the clothes for me and baby and stuff for Daddy too.  I make sure that DH has snacks and stuff to occupy himself.  And I bring my Kindle, phone, camera, video recorder and maybe a portable dvd player.  

• Jcouch99
    January 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I'm hoping to have a home birth, but things happen so I'll have a bag packed just in case. Slippers, a robe, clothes for baby and I to go home in, tooth brush, hair brush, soaps, and a boppy pillow.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts