Cafe Jenn
Get Ready for Baby Day 2: Baby Gear
January 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Today's challenge is purchasing baby gear.

There is so much baby gear out there, it can become overwhleming just thinking about it. It's hard to know what you should or shouldn't purchase or what to put on your gift registery. 

Baby gear includes car seats, bouncers, high chairs, walkers, swings, carriers, strollers. You need to decide what brand and style you want of each of those.

Do you want a convertible car seat, an infant car seat or a travel system with car seat and stoller together? Do you want wooden high chair, a plastic high chair or one that you use on a chair? Do you really need a swing or walker? What kind of carrier do you want? What is the best for your little one?

Take some time to visit several different stores and 'test' out their choices before making a decision. Do some online research, including searching the recent recalls. Ask your friends and family for recommendations. Ask for recommendations here in the Pregnancy group or on the Babies group.

What kind of baby gear are you buying? How will you decide what is right for you and your baby? Do you put these items on a baby registery and hope someone else purchases them? If you've already had your baby, what baby gear did you chose to buy?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Replies

• TwiPottermommy
    January 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    I will be buying a swing for sure because my son lived his!! I also want a carseat stroller combo since I will be having the baby in July!! I don't know about a walker but I like the saucers! A pack and play is a must because I plan on putting the baby down in it for naps. Lots of stuff :-)
  • luvmylilbean
    January 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM

With my 1st I wanted everything....we had an exesaucer given to us so we didn't need to buy that. We bought a gently used jumperoo and a new bouncey seat, registered for (and received) a nice stroller and swing. We already had a pack-n-play from my nephew. When our dd outgrew it we sold the exersaucer; she was rarely in it and didn't really like it anyway. My cousin let us use her nice bassinet. We will be using the same jumperoo, pack-n-play, bassinet, and swing. We need to buy a double stroller though....dd is 19 months and baby will be here next month. We bought a new bouncer/rocker combo becuase it is good for infant-toddler. Since my toddler loves to sit in the baby seat we wanted one she couldn't break lol.

• momma_hambrook
    January 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    We choose the snugride by grace carseat and stroller combo... And bought a camo and pink car seat cover for them off eBay..
  • mama-smurf
    We are buying an infant car sear. I already bought a car seat cover to go with it. I want to buy a ring sling so I can hold and nurse baby wile working and walking. Especially with a 2 and 5 year old to chase after.
  • MommyIn2008
    Will be buying everything. I am going to do my registry soon and we'll pick out all the gear then. But I do know forsure I will be buying graco infant carseats.
  • mama2gg
    by mama2gg
    Stroller with car seat
  • jessymoka
    January 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Baby gear I need, a new boppy, get back my sling I lent out, a new stroller.

i will buy it all myself... I am not registering anywhere, this is our 4th child.

• katie11908
    January 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    I will be buying a chicco infant seat and a carseat attachment for my phil and teds double stroller. I also will be buying a fisher price cradle swing and a bouncer. We found these to be very great for moments you need to be hands free but cant babywear. I think babygear wise thats all I need we still have an excersaucer, high chair, activity mat, etc. from our youngest all the stuff is only a year old. Everything my husband and I will be buying.
  • Twisted_Halo
    January 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    I would love a convertible carseat, jogging stroller and Moby wrap
  • janessa27
    January 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I like buying the travel systems- just because it takes care of two items at once. Eventually I will be getting a jogging stroller also. As far as high chair- I think we are going to go with the chairs that strap into regular chairs. I love buying items that are multipurpose and grow with baby:)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts