Pregnancy

Cafe Jenn
Get Ready for Baby Day 1: Baby Furniture
January 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM

baby gift

Today's challenge is selecting the baby furniture.

Baby furniture is often one of the most expensive baby items you'll end up buying but nowadays, the pieces you buy last for years to come. 

Some common baby furniture pieces purchased are the crib, a dresser and changing table. Cribs are often convertible into toddler beds and later can be used for foot and headboards for a twin size bed.

Looking for just the perfect piece of furniture can be exciting and fun and in the end very rewarding.

What pieces of furniture are you planning to purchase? If you've already had your baby or have already selected the furniture, how did you decide what to buy? Did you put the furniture on your baby registry or did you purchase it yourself?

If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here

Replies

• llfinch74
    January 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I bought my furniture from Simply Baby Furniture.  It was beautiful furniture for a great price.  I looked at several web sites before I decided.  I bought a convertable crib and a dresser.  I didn't feel we would use the changing table so we didn't want to spend money on something that would not get much use. Overall we are happy with the way the nursery turned out.

• mama-smurf
    January 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    We don't have any spare money for baby furniture so we improvised. Baby and I are sharing a dresser.
  • LinzLou86
    January 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I bought my crib & changing table off of Craigs list. I can't wait for baby to come in June to use the beautiful furniture we got a great deal. 

• Mzwest83
    January 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I am getting some hand me downs from my SIL who has a now 4 month old. Crib I am going to JCpennys outlet. I have got a swing on layaway at a second hand store.

• cemcnair
    January 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    I bought the crib for ds from dh's aunt. We never actually used it as a crib, lol! Just as a toddler bed. We will set it back up as a crib for new baby, but I doubt he sleeps in it either.
    We have a cradle that has been passed down and will use that for several months, but mostly we bed share.
    The dresser and changing table also came from dh's aunt.
    Bought the rocking chair, swing and bouncer from a friend.
    No new furniture here!!
  • abigailesmommy

We don't purchase any of them. We are all for hand-me-downs. My Aunt passed down a crib we use. We then in turn pass down our items. 

• lillucky8
    We needed a crib, and a dresser. My fil made the dresser for us and we got the crib at the shower.
  • KittyTussand

we already had the crib from our daughter but we need a crib materess, a play pen and i think im gonna get a foot stool for my rocking chair.

• megarooniduh
    January 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM

We are planning on buying a crib, dresser, and changing table. We will purchase the set ourselves!

• MamaBear2cubs
    January 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I chooose furniture that grows with my kids.

Pregnancy