Pregnancy

Featured Posts
anxiousschk
What did you wear in labor?
December 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM

So, I keep hearing that there is a point in labor when you no longer care about modesty.  That will be wonderful, but until then...I'm a pretty modest person.  

I don't want to wear the hospital gown....it's just ew.  

I think we've settled on a t-shirt I have that is really stretchy to come down pretty far and cover my rear and such.  The doula also suggested laboring with yoga pants on for awhile.  

The shirt pulls down from my chest easily for the skin to skin/breastfeeding.  

What did you wear for labor? 

Replies

• louzannalady
    December 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    When I was landslide, I wore a t-shirt that said, "Good things come to those who mate." and yoga pants and Elmo flip flops. When I was in the water, I wore a tankini top and black panties. When my body started pushing, I threw my panties off. To nurse, I just untied the top. I could have popped out a boob, but I wanted the skin to skin! : )
  • EthansMomma2010
    December 23, 2012 at 8:39 PM

i wore a t-shirt that said cowgirl up. yoga pants until i was about 8 cm. i just pulled the t up to nurse since it wasn't super tight.

• av0531
    by av0531
    December 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    I wore the hospital gown. Didn't want my things getting nasty. Then after I was able to shower I changed into my own things.
  • unspecified42
    December 23, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I wore a tank top and pajama pants. I would wear the gown when I went walking around the hospital just because I would get chilly. I kept it on almost the whole time, until I went to shower again as I was in transition shortly before I delivered, then I was only wearing the shirt once I got out and dressed. The idea of putting anything on my legs was unpleasent at that point.

• anxiousschk
    December 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

hmm....maybe i'll go tank and yoga pants....

Quoting unspecified42:

I wore a tank top and pajama pants. I would wear the gown when I went walking around the hospital just because I would get chilly. I kept it on almost the whole time, until I went to shower again as I was in transition shortly before I delivered, then I was only wearing the shirt once I got out and dressed. The idea of putting anything on my legs was unpleasent at that point.

• una1
    by una1
    December 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    I wore pjs and then took the bottoms of near the time for pushing.
  • kierasmommy
    December 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    I went straight to the tub so I wore a grey sports bra. I put a shirt on over it when I got out of the tub once but I was super uncomfortable so I took the shirt off and got right back in the tub.
  • Cullen.Girlie.
    December 23, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I wore the hospital gown. LOL! I didnt really care. LOL and I will wear it again this time!!

• kellysparkles
    December 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM

This is a great question!  I am getting close and didn't even think about this!

• TristaB
    by TristaB
    December 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    With my son I couldn't stand the feel of anything on my skin, so I was as naked as they come! With my daughter, I had the gown on, only because I wasn't allowed to really move, and also because there were so many people in my room huddled around me, I didn't want to have my boobs out for all to see. I packed a bathing suit top to wear, but they wouldn't let me get up to put it on...

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN