Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Mommytime33
ways to induce labor
December 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM

So I am due, and looking for ways to start my labor naturally so my doctor does not have to induce me. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with doing anything to start their own labors. I'm willing to try anything that is safe for me and the baby. I was induced with my first and do not want to have to do that again. I've heard of some stuff but was wondering if anything has actually worked for actual people. Thanks. 

Replies

• chamelinmom
    December 11, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Nothing will actually work if the baby is not ready to start labor...this is my 5th and i try things every time ive been pregnant. NOTHING. the only thing that i did that helped with easier labor is walk A LOT. they say squats help too. DO NOT do castrol oil. It started my labor with my 3rd, but i did it with my first and it did nothing but gave me the poops. With my 3rd i did have a fast labor but i was pooing myself all the time in the middle of it, i couldnt even tell that i was doing it without the smell. It was aweful and embarressing. Some people say pineapple and some say other things like belly dancing...but if the baby doesn't want to come, you can do everything under the sun and it will NOT work

• orangeshirt
    December 11, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    Unless your body and your baby are ready, nothing will work.

Your doctor never HAS to induce you. You have the right to decline.
  • mnmo3bb
    by mnmo3bb
    December 11, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    I am in the same boat. I am 41 weeks with my 5th and I have an ultrasound and nst tomorrow to see if we can continue to wait for him to come on his own... I am doing the usual just walking, sitting on am exercise ball, etc... Not willing to do anything drastic! Been taking fenugreek here and there but mainly only when I already feel contractions coming hoping it helps them to not die off... So off its not working. I really want to go into labor and stay in labor on my own...
  • Pandapanda
    December 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

How far along are you, today? 

There are many things you can try, but none will actually work unless you're already about to begin laboring on your own.

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Why don't you want your doctor to induce you?
    (But you want to induce yourself ?)
    Are you having complications?

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    Quoting mnmo3bb:

So off its not working. I really want to go into labor and stay in labor on my own...

We can force but this adds risks.    If you want to do it normally-naturally then you'd need to allow everything to line-up as needed.
    ;-)
    GL!

• mnmo3bb
    by mnmo3bb
    December 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    I have an induction scheduled for Monday night... I will be 42 weeks or a day short of it :/ really hoping and praying I don't have to be induced... Why is baby #5 so stubborn?! Lol

Quoting doulala:

Quoting mnmo3bb:

So off its not working. I really want to go into labor and stay in labor on my own...

We can force but this adds risks.    If you want to do it normally-naturally then you'd need to allow everything to line-up as needed.
    ;-)
    GL!

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 13, 2012 at 2:03 AM

In your 41st week that isn't "stubborn" it is average ( = normal).
        It really helps to keep what is Normal in mind so you don't have to feel so frustrated (or consent to elective-avoidable risks).       You get to choose what you want to do, if you prefer natural then decline the interventions.

;-)

GL!

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I have an induction scheduled for Monday night... I will be 42 weeks or a day short of it :/ really hoping and praying I don't have to be induced... Why is baby #5 so stubborn?! Lol

Quoting doulala:
  • xmasbabyowen
    December 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I am 38 weeks and 2 days, due on Christmas day.... I began taking Evening primrose oil thursday since it is recommended by midwives to soften the cervix and help prepare muscles for streching. Fri had check, I was still nowhere, cervix hard and no dialation, yet tuesday not even 4 days later I was 40% effaced and 1cm dialated! I'd say it is doing something. Next appt tuesday the 18th (39 weeks), and I cannot wait to see where I am. (And please, no comments about causing preature labor. He is full term now and 7lbs 11oz)

• EthansMomma2010
    December 13, 2012 at 2:35 AM

actually you have no idea about his weight. 3rd trimester ultrasounds are super inaccurate. full term is 40 weeks or more. sorry. even march of dimes will say to wait until at least 39 weeks AND to let labor start on its own. cervix dilation and effacement mean nothing. you could be zero and have a baby tomorrow. or be a 4 for weeks. don't get so hung up on numbers. just let baby come when baby is ready.

Quoting xmasbabyowen:

I am 38 weeks and 2 days, due on Christmas day.... I began taking Evening primrose oil thursday since it is recommended by midwives to soften the cervix and help prepare muscles for streching. Fri had check, I was still nowhere, cervix hard and no dialation, yet tuesday not even 4 days later I was 40% effaced and 1cm dialated! I'd say it is doing something. Next appt tuesday the 18th (39 weeks), and I cannot wait to see where I am. (And please, no comments about causing preature labor. He is full term now and 7lbs 11oz)

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN