Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Aully1
fever above 100.4?
by Aully1
December 11, 2012 at 6:52 AM

So, right after I get on meds for my BV, am just starting to not have daily fright episodes of bleeding, just starting to feel like everything REALLY is going to be ok, am allowed to get excited and onto the wonderful stuff about being pregnant, and the next day after my doctor visit, I'm sick.  OK, just a headcold, I can work with that.  Saturday night, after 9pm, I'm up to 101.2 degrees.  I spend a miserable night with cool washcloths in the basement where it's cooler sleeping and I wake up at 6am with 99.2 degrees.

I go to the "What To Expect" bible that the OB says is great to read, and it says ON ONE PAGE that if I'm ever over 100.4, to call the doctor immediately.  Then, ON ANOTHER PAGE, it tells me call the doctor if it's over 101.5?!?!  Now, this was just a headcold, it resovled itself in a few hours, and I've been on the horn to the doctors office for every little thing under the sun, that the first time I don't call, the book says I should've called.  Did I do the right thing?  Has anyone heard of  temperatures over 100.4  doing harm to the baby??

Replies

• LaughingTattoo
    December 11, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I dont go just for a 100 temp. Hell, I dont consider anything a temp unless its above 101. And I have to have other problems too, like pain, or sore throat, or digestion problems

• rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    December 11, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I would call just to be on the safe side.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts