Pregnancy

Featured Posts
mama-smurf
car accident - UPDATE
December 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Got in a car accident. Nothing bad. Lady hit us. Passenger side of the front end. Grill is messed up, hood and front end scratched and dented. The lady's tie rod broke and headlight busted. I jerked forward a tadbit, not much. No pains or anything and my bf insists on going to hospital. To get checked but Baby is moving and kicking like normal... I feel fine. I dont see the need to unless I got hit or jerked really bad or if baby isn't moving or if I'm in pain.

Update: I read all your response ladies. I didn't ignore them. Just got back from hospital. Heart rate was fine, placemats and fluid fine. Baby moving and fine as well. They gave me I.v. because apparently I had some contractions uterus was irritated. But doc said was either from stress, dehydration. They tried giving me I.v. in left hand...I cried. They fished it around deep. Then got it in right-hand no problem. So now I'm home resting. Told me take it easy.

Replies

• mrsladyface
    December 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I would always suggest it just to be safe.... If you are feeling fine and baby is moving, that is great! But I would probably still go just to make sure :)

• Angela4boys
    December 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    I am glad you are ok. I would just go to the hospital if it eases bf mind... But I agree you are probably just fine.
  • mama-smurf
    December 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    Ugh yeah I hear ya. I just feel fine. Idk what they would do since baby is moving and kicking.

Quoting mrsladyface:

I would always suggest it just to be safe.... If you are feeling fine and baby is moving, that is great! But I would probably still go just to make sure :)

• mama-smurf
    December 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    I guess ill go to ease his mind. He said he's worried about even a little whiplash. He's taking it hard. He was one driving and he wasn't worried about anything else but me and the baby...

Quoting Angela4boys:

I am glad you are ok. I would just go to the hospital if it eases bf mind... But I agree you are probably just fine.

• 1wildchild
    December 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    Sorry you were in an accident, better safe than sorry though. I'm sure baby is fine.
  • summerbear
    December 8, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    To ease his mind I would go. They will check babys vitals, if anything you get a chance to see baby again!

Quoting mama-smurf:

I guess ill go to ease his mind. He said he's worried about even a little whiplash. He's taking it hard. He was one driving and he wasn't worried about anything else but me and the baby...

Quoting Angela4boys:

• mollysmom328
    December 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I was in an accident at 34 weeks.  I called my Dr's office, they said as long as I wasn't injured and I didn't hit my belly then it was totally fine.  They said I could be seen right away if I wanted, I chose not to.

• mommyof2kids306
    December 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    Go to be safe better safe than sorry I always say and if its her fault she has to pay

Quoting mama-smurf:

Got in a car accident. Nothing bad. Lady hit us. Passenger side of the front end. Grill is messed up, hood and front end scratched and dented. The lady's tie rod broke and headlight busted. I jerked forward a tadbit, not much. No pains or anything and my bf insists on going to hospital. To get checked but Baby is moving and kicking like normal... I feel fine. I dont see the need to unless I got hit or jerked really bad or if baby isn't moving or if I'm in pain.

• butterflycircle
    December 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I would just call your dr and see what they say. I know it is Sat but there should be an on call number to call. I wouldn't go to the ER if you are feeling fine and baby is moving and you weren't jerked around. ER is for emergencies and you feel fine. If you feel you should go in then by all means, go in and get looked at. 

• SaraSnider
    December 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    Always go in after something like that, u may get to see baby :) and thats always fun

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN