Pregnancy

Featured Posts
anxiousschk
The full moon
December 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM

So, I've worked in schools and my mother has worked in nursing homes and we know there is a change in the behavior of people on a full moon.  

My mother believes it can affect labor as well.  

What are your thoughts or experiences on that?  

Replies

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM

It is a strange but real occurrence to maternity care workers I have talked with about it...
      My babies were born then too.   lol
    So yes, I feel it can affect labor!

• RhondaVeggie
    December 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    Statistically there is no link but most nurses will swear blind that there is one. At my baby shower we played 'guess the due date' and my nurse friend guessed 12/28 because it's the closest full moon to my due date; I'd be 15 days early.
  • ilostmy_keys
    December 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    Ive been either full term or post date on a full moon 4 times now and nada... Lol I dont believe it does anything.
  • butterflycircle
    December 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I have also heard that it can affect periods and things too. Idk what I think about all of that I have watched full moons pass around the times of my due dates and nothing lol 

• lillucky8
    December 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    Weather changes cause labor too :) it snowed when i went into labor w dd and it was storming when i went into labor with ds
  • notjstanothrmom
    December 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    I went into labor with my daughter on a full moon.
  • jessymoka
    December 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
    My superstitious elderly Italian aunt wanted to know what I hadn't had my baby yet, she kept telling me, "nine full moons, nine full moons... Why have you not had the baby yet?".
    Lol
  • mrsladyface
    December 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM

LOL that is so funny!

Quoting jessymoka:

My superstitious elderly Italian aunt wanted to know what I hadn't had my baby yet, she kept telling me, "nine full moons, nine full moons... Why have you not had the baby yet?".
    Lol

• mommyof2kids306
    December 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    Every time I went to the hospital with contractions with my kids it was a full moon both kids born on a full moon night I will be cautious around all full moons around 6 mths pregnant I start contracting at 6/7 months

Quoting anxiousschk:

So, I've worked in schools and my mother has worked in nursing homes and we know there is a change in the behavior of people on a full moon.  

My mother believes it can affect labor as well.  

What are your thoughts or experiences on that?  

• aussiechic
    December 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I've heard nurses comment on Tropical storms and hurricanes..... becuase of the change in barometric pressure.... tons of women go into labor. 

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN