Pregnancy

Featured Posts
masonsmommy921
Did you have a 'big' baby?
December 8, 2012 at 3:34 AM
So my first was 6lb 13oz born on his due date. And I knowww ultrasound isn't always correct and all butttt last Monday at 37w he measured in ultrasound already 7lbs (bigger then my first at birth :(! ) and my belly is measuring a week ahead. I'm just kind of nervous I'm going to have a big baby. Did anyone have wrong measurements and still had a small baby or I'm I seriously looking at a 9-10lb baby it I go past my due date (I'm 38 weeks and not looking like I'm going anytime soon 1cm)

Replies

• Angela4boys
    December 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    My first was 6 pounds 10 ounces, my second was 8 pounds 5 ounces. My first I pushed for 3 hours with a vac. My second was out in two pushes, his delivery was a breeze. Don't worry about size, our bodies can accommodate!
  • lilmama8408
    December 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM
    My son was 10lb 4oz
    My dd was 7lb 4oz

Both were csections.
  • ilostmy_keys
    December 8, 2012 at 6:47 AM
    My boys were 7, 8, and 9 pounds respectively. My 9 pounder was by far the easiest labor and delivery. I fully expect to have a 10lb girl in my arms any day now! With the exception of medical issues, your body typically will not allow a baby to grow larger than it can accomodate and deliver :)
  • RhondaVeggie
    December 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    My son was over 9 and if I go full term with this one she could easily be 10 because she was measuring very big on ultrasound, even with a generous margin of error she was still big for gestational age. I'm not worried, I got my son out even though I didn't know as much about birth.
  • anxiousschk
    December 8, 2012 at 8:51 AM

My first was 7lbs at around 37-38 weeks.  

This one is measuring a week smaller, but things can still change in the last 4 weeks. 

• luvmymunchkins3
    December 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    not really my older kids were 7lbs 3oz and 7lbs 4oz and the new baby was 8lbs even and she was born at 39weeks
  • Mamaa2Them19
    December 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    They thought my 2nd was going to be a 9,10 pounder because she measured ahead and was already 6lbs at 36 wks and she came at 39 weeks and was 8lbs, 7oz :)
  • rockyhugs35
    December 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    Dd measured 4weeks during my theirs trimester. She was 9lbs 14ozs. I'm now expecting my second and I expect her to be just as big, if not bigger.
    You're body can do it :)
  • bchic24
    by bchic24
    Tia
    December 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
    I was told I would have a ten pounder at my last ultrasound. Said he was measuring a few weeks ahead then at 39 weeks and 6 days I delivered a healthy 8lb 9oz boy!
  • butterflycircle
    December 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM

my first was 6lbs 6ozs 19 1/5in and came when she was ready (my water broke).

My second baby I didn't have any u/s to predict weight or anything. I was laying in the hospital bed as they were getting me ready for my induction and a nurse was feeling my belly and asked if I had gestational diabeties, I said no..... and she asked if I knew how big baby was and I said no and she said..... oh... ok.... lol she was right he was 9lbs 6ozs 20in and that was at 39 weeks. I had him vaginally with out any real trouble but he sure felt 3lbs wider than my first lol. 

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts