Pregnancy

masonsmommy921
Did you have a 'big' baby?
December 8, 2012 at 3:34 AM
So my first was 6lb 13oz born on his due date. And I knowww ultrasound isn't always correct and all butttt last Monday at 37w he measured in ultrasound already 7lbs (bigger then my first at birth :(! ) and my belly is measuring a week ahead. I'm just kind of nervous I'm going to have a big baby. Did anyone have wrong measurements and still had a small baby or I'm I seriously looking at a 9-10lb baby it I go past my due date (I'm 38 weeks and not looking like I'm going anytime soon 1cm)

Replies

• Angela4boys
    December 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    My first was 6 pounds 10 ounces, my second was 8 pounds 5 ounces. My first I pushed for 3 hours with a vac. My second was out in two pushes, his delivery was a breeze. Don't worry about size, our bodies can accommodate!
  • lilmama8408
    December 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM
    My son was 10lb 4oz
    My dd was 7lb 4oz

Both were csections.
  • ilostmy_keys
    December 8, 2012 at 6:47 AM
    My boys were 7, 8, and 9 pounds respectively. My 9 pounder was by far the easiest labor and delivery. I fully expect to have a 10lb girl in my arms any day now! With the exception of medical issues, your body typically will not allow a baby to grow larger than it can accomodate and deliver :)
  • RhondaVeggie
    December 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    My son was over 9 and if I go full term with this one she could easily be 10 because she was measuring very big on ultrasound, even with a generous margin of error she was still big for gestational age. I'm not worried, I got my son out even though I didn't know as much about birth.
  • anxiousschk
    December 8, 2012 at 8:51 AM

My first was 7lbs at around 37-38 weeks.  

This one is measuring a week smaller, but things can still change in the last 4 weeks. 

• luvmymunchkins3
    December 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    not really my older kids were 7lbs 3oz and 7lbs 4oz and the new baby was 8lbs even and she was born at 39weeks
  • Mamaa2Them19
    December 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    They thought my 2nd was going to be a 9,10 pounder because she measured ahead and was already 6lbs at 36 wks and she came at 39 weeks and was 8lbs, 7oz :)
  • rockyhugs35
    December 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    Dd measured 4weeks during my theirs trimester. She was 9lbs 14ozs. I'm now expecting my second and I expect her to be just as big, if not bigger.
    You're body can do it :)
  • bchic24
    by bchic24
    Tia
    December 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
    I was told I would have a ten pounder at my last ultrasound. Said he was measuring a few weeks ahead then at 39 weeks and 6 days I delivered a healthy 8lb 9oz boy!
  • butterflycircle
    December 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM

my first was 6lbs 6ozs 19 1/5in and came when she was ready (my water broke).

My second baby I didn't have any u/s to predict weight or anything. I was laying in the hospital bed as they were getting me ready for my induction and a nurse was feeling my belly and asked if I had gestational diabeties, I said no..... and she asked if I knew how big baby was and I said no and she said..... oh... ok.... lol she was right he was 9lbs 6ozs 20in and that was at 39 weeks. I had him vaginally with out any real trouble but he sure felt 3lbs wider than my first lol. 

Pregnancy