Pregnancy

Featured Posts
masonsmommy921
When did you stop working during your pregnancy?
December 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I was PLANING on working up till the day he came So that I can use my vaca/sick time for when he was here. Now at 38 weeks my ankles swell terribly, I'm exhausted and hurt in every part of my body. Doctor doesn't give me a happy look when she hears I'm still working but says as long as I can handle it then okay. My ankles are beyond huge today and I'm wondering if it's time to give it quits. When did you stop?

I have a very active on my feet health care field job so it's not like I can really just put my feet up :(

Replies

• Raeann11
    December 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

With my first till the day I was laid off. I was 7 months along. Never worked with my second and third. This time I am working part time at home doing child care. I am trying to decide what I want to do. 

• Wantn1more
    December 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    I'm still working full time (34 weeks) as much as I wish I didn't have to... I want to be able to give my kids a christmas. It gets harder and harder every day though.
  • Akie
    by Akie
    December 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    I'm still working full time in a nursing home as a cna... I'm 33 weeks...
  • FarmGirl2B
    December 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    I had to stop working with my last one at 4 months because of severe SPD and contractions.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    December 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    I always plan to work until the Friday before my due date.
  • RMslady
    by RMslady
    December 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    The first I worked up until the day she was born. The second I worked until 7 months because at that point it became a huge pain to trudge a mile through the mud every morning to get to my car and go to work (we didn't have a road to our house and the nearest road was a mile away)
  • lillucky8
    December 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    With dd my labor started at work, with ds i was miserable so i finally gave in and stopped at 39wks 4 days and he came 39wks 6days.
  • Firenygirl180
    December 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I planned to work until 39 weeks.  I wound up being put on sort of bed rest at about 36 weeks.  I was stressing myself out and not staying hydrated so my doctor felt it was best for me to stay home and relax.  This pregnacy I will have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks 1 day so I will probably work up to 38 weeks.  

• purvislets
    December 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

With my first I worked right up until she was born -- she was actually born about an hour before my shift was supposed to start on that particular day!  With my son, I worked until about 4 weeks before my due date thinking he'd be 2 weeks early like his sister.  Turns out he waited until the day after his due date to show up!  I haven't been back to work since then.

• LucyHarper
    December 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I didn't, I worked the day I went into labor. I had a pretty easy pregnancy though and while I was more tired and sore the last few weeks, I was able to work and I wanted to save as much of my maternity leave as possible for after the baby was born. I'm a waitress in a diner. But if you feel you need to stop, stop. 

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN