Pregnancy

Featured Posts
masonsmommy921
When did you stop working during your pregnancy?
December 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I was PLANING on working up till the day he came So that I can use my vaca/sick time for when he was here. Now at 38 weeks my ankles swell terribly, I'm exhausted and hurt in every part of my body. Doctor doesn't give me a happy look when she hears I'm still working but says as long as I can handle it then okay. My ankles are beyond huge today and I'm wondering if it's time to give it quits. When did you stop?

I have a very active on my feet health care field job so it's not like I can really just put my feet up :(

Replies

• Raeann11
    December 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

With my first till the day I was laid off. I was 7 months along. Never worked with my second and third. This time I am working part time at home doing child care. I am trying to decide what I want to do. 

• Wantn1more
    December 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    I'm still working full time (34 weeks) as much as I wish I didn't have to... I want to be able to give my kids a christmas. It gets harder and harder every day though.
  • Akie
    by Akie
    December 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    I'm still working full time in a nursing home as a cna... I'm 33 weeks...
  • FarmGirl2B
    December 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    I had to stop working with my last one at 4 months because of severe SPD and contractions.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    December 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    I always plan to work until the Friday before my due date.
  • RMslady
    by RMslady
    December 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    The first I worked up until the day she was born. The second I worked until 7 months because at that point it became a huge pain to trudge a mile through the mud every morning to get to my car and go to work (we didn't have a road to our house and the nearest road was a mile away)
  • lillucky8
    December 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    With dd my labor started at work, with ds i was miserable so i finally gave in and stopped at 39wks 4 days and he came 39wks 6days.
  • Firenygirl180
    December 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I planned to work until 39 weeks.  I wound up being put on sort of bed rest at about 36 weeks.  I was stressing myself out and not staying hydrated so my doctor felt it was best for me to stay home and relax.  This pregnacy I will have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks 1 day so I will probably work up to 38 weeks.  

• purvislets
    December 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

With my first I worked right up until she was born -- she was actually born about an hour before my shift was supposed to start on that particular day!  With my son, I worked until about 4 weeks before my due date thinking he'd be 2 weeks early like his sister.  Turns out he waited until the day after his due date to show up!  I haven't been back to work since then.

• LucyHarper
    December 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I didn't, I worked the day I went into labor. I had a pretty easy pregnancy though and while I was more tired and sore the last few weeks, I was able to work and I wanted to save as much of my maternity leave as possible for after the baby was born. I'm a waitress in a diner. But if you feel you need to stop, stop. 

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts