Pregnancy

jean_marie1987
I need a fetal nickname for our little zygote!! ***ETA-We chose one***
December 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Our really dislike saying "It" even though that's what the little being is until he/she develops. I wanted to be silly and use "zygote" but DH said it makes him think of a goat, which makes him think the kiddo will come out with a goatee (which would be horrible if we have a girl)....

DH wants to use poppy seed, but it's too overused. I want something different that could be used for a girl or a boy.

Any ideas??

***ETA*** Thank you Audreesmama, we have chosen Ziggy.
   DH liked it because of Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)!

Thanks everyone for all the great replies. I guess poppy seed wasn't as overused as I thought...

Replies

• Laulaulu321
    December 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    And sometimes I say little pea because that's probably how big she is right now ( or he... I just have a feeling)
  • Aully1
    by Aully1
    December 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

My brother and I teased each other by calling the other "Nugget" when we were young - so my dad has nicknamed our baby "Lil Nugget".  But my husband has christened her "Belly Nut" because he didn't like Belly Bean either!

Incidently, you can default to "She" terminology early on because everyone starts out as a female until the gender really develops...that's why men have nipples!  :-)

• kaddiefrass
    December 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    Our first ultrasound of our last baby was super early. She looked like a little grain of rice. We referred to her as our little grain of rice for the longest time.

I've heard a lot of people call they're babies little peanut before they know.
  • butterflycircle
    December 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I had never heard of poppy seed for the baby before. i think peanut and bean are over used.  

We just said baby or little love or little angel or something like that. 

• rassiesmom
    December 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I called my little bun in the oven Peanut.

My husband called him Ferd Berfal.  long story..

either way I always said a gender, mostly HE or HIM.  Even when I didn't know which he was (we had a boy in Jan.) I couldn't bring myself to say IT. 

• YzmaRocks
    December 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    I call this baby Squishy Bug :)
  • TwiPottermommy
    December 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM

We aren't very original.  I have been calling mine my little peanut.

• MissyV514
    December 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM

we call this one "the bean" ds was "the bump" not very original, but worked for us lol

• mem82
    by mem82
    December 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

LOL I like it!

• ekh2010
    by ekh2010
    December 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    We've tagged ours as squirrel...when I eat nuts or seeds or peanut butter he goes crazy lol

Pregnancy