Pregnancy

Featured Posts
trilliandent42
Thanks to pinkiebabii, I found this information about formula feeding out! SCARY! PIOG
December 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Harmful to Baby:

1 Increased risk of asthma

2 Increased risk of allergy

3 Reduced cognitive development

4 Increased risk of acute

respiratory disease

5 Increased dental malformation

6 Increased risk for infection from

contaminated formula

7 Increased risk of nutrient

deficiencies

8 Increased risk of childhood

cancers

9 Increased risk of chronic diseases

10 Increased risk of diabetes

11 Increased risk of cardiovascular

disease

12 Increased risk of obesity

13 Increased risk of gastrointestinal

infections

14 Increased risk of mortality

15 Increased risk of otitismedia and

ear infections

16 Increased risk of side effects of

environmental contaminants

Replies

• TripletTwin_Mom
    December 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    Lol!!! ALL SIX of my children including a set of twins and triplets were breastfed!!! :-) I just get tired of seeing the same thing on these forums...judgement and bashing!!! I'm an advocate for BFing I'm NOT an advocate for looking down on people because they do things differently than I do!!! Now lemme tell you one time and one time only you don't know ANYTHING about me so before you get your rocks off by trying to attack me over the Internet and throw shots and sarcasm...DON'T...have a nice night sweety...time for me to feed my twins!!!

Quoting Randi02:

I never attacked her.

I never said her choice was bad, just that its not the healthiest/best choice for her baby- and that's true.

You seem very defensive. Feeling guilty about your feeding choices?

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

And as a statistic that's fine to state but to attack someone's parenting or decision making because they FF is wrong flat out!!!

Quoting Randi02:

Formula is 4th best. It is not the best choice for baby, healthwise.

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Who are you to say what choice is best??? Do you know the individual or their situation or the reasons WHY they made that decision??? Probably not...

Quoting Randi02:

You're not giving them the best start. You're feeding them something with known health risks.

It doesn't mean you're a bad parent, but if you're choosing formula- you're not making the healthiest choice for your children.

Quoting Larsbug:

so because I formula feed I don't take good enough care of them?

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I'm glad we have it for the very rare cases where a woman can't feed her baby or she dies before a child is old enough to wean but I don't know why anyone would choose to use it. I was formula fed because my mother thought breast feeding was gross and I had several of the issues on that list. Why bother having kids if you're not willing to take the best care of them you can?

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    December 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    I FF my now 7 year old and she has none of those problems. While I plan to BF I am not against those who use formula.
  • AngylJen
    December 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I am such a horrible mother I care about my children to actually FEED them. Seriously..who cares formula or breastmilk.. atleast they are eating. I have noticed that 95% of mothers who breast feed are judgemental.. and feel that we formula feeding moms need to explain WHY. Lets judge those moms who starve their children or don't bring them to doctors.. lets do that instead.

For the record, my Andy is 10 months old..formula fed.. NEVER had a diaper rash, never was sick, no health issues..pretty damn healthy. He had a lump on his neck from swollen gland from teething.. he had hard poop from ONE brand of formula that didn't work with him, and thats it. I have a healthy, hyper, vocal loving lil boy..and the bond we share is out of this world.

ffs.. it doesnt make one a better or loving mother if she FF or BF..   hugs, kisses, making sure baby has what they need, playing, laughter, allowing nothing bad to happen to them...makes you a good mother. 

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM

It's the assumption that health & safety should be a mother's priority that is upsetting you?
      Because
    "best" means different things to different people.

You have twins *and triplets?    Fun!     ;-)

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Lol!!! ALL SIX of my children including a set of twins and triplets were breastfed!!! :-) I just get tired of seeing the same thing on these forums...judgement and bashing!!! I'm an advocate for BFing I'm NOT an advocate for looking down on people because they do things differently than I do!!! Now lemme tell you one time and one time only you don't know ANYTHING about me so before you get your rocks off by trying to attack me over the Internet and throw shots and sarcasm...DON'T...have a nice night sweety...time for me to feed my twins!!!

• AngylJen
    December 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Oh, ffs.. i was FF.. Im not sick.. no serious issues.  Get off ya high horse..  =)

Quoting Randi02:

Formula is 4th best. It is not the best choice for baby, healthwise.

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Who are you to say what choice is best??? Do you know the individual or their situation or the reasons WHY they made that decision??? Probably not...

Quoting Randi02:

You're not giving them the best start. You're feeding them something with known health risks.

It doesn't mean you're a bad parent, but if you're choosing formula- you're not making the healthiest choice for your children.

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I'm glad we have it for the very rare cases where a woman can't feed her baby or she dies before a child is old enough to wean but I don't know why anyone would choose to use it. I was formula fed because my mother thought breast feeding was gross and I had several of the issues on that list. Why bother having kids if you're not willing to take the best care of them you can?

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM

This conversation is pointing out that there are a lot of differences between these kinds of foods.   It does matter.     I hear of comparisons like a fresh-picked organic salad vs a Big Mac.

Do what you (anyone, not just you~) want of course, but joining the conversation means you are discussing the existence of differences.     ;-)

Quoting AngylJen:

Seriously..who cares formula or breastmilk.. atleast they are eating. 

• AngylJen
    December 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I chose to FF my son. I really hope though, your children only eat only foods that are 100% pure.. no mcdonalds.. no processed foods, french fries, no juice, only organic..    because they are second best... they aren't good either. Remember, you gave your children the best start at life.. might as well continue. You'd be a hipocrite if not.

Quoting Randi02:

Facts and opinions are two different things. The difference may be that her opinion is backed up by facts.

Choosing formula over breast milk is not the best choice. It is intended to be a last resort, and there are risks associated with that synthetic food.

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Your opinion is just that...YOUR opinion...presenting information and facts to educate is one thing...there is NOTHING anyone on ANY forum can say to justify bashing someone because their personal choice conflicts with your personal opinion...I appreciate facts and education all day, what I don't appreciate is the validity of those facts being jaded by a personal and perceptually biased opinion!!!

Quoting trilliandent42:

BFing wasn't a "decision" for me, it just is...  That being said, I am sharing this information.  I did not know that formula carried so many risks.  I was shocked.  I think that those that get so worked up get frightened when they find out they put or are putting their children in jeopardy, lashing out at those they feel are judging them.  

But, if you ask my opinion, I do not think that women who CAN BF should FF.  Formula should be limited to those women that CANNOT BF.  FFing because you don't want your boobs to sag is not an appropriate reason...  Get a boob job afterwards, don't put your baby in unnecessary danger...  Personally, I do find it selfish to not BF if you are capable.

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

• AngylJen
    December 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I see mostly judging and bashing.. 

Quoting doulala:

This conversation is pointing out that there are a lot of differences between these kinds of foods.   It does matter.     I hear of comparisons like a fresh-picked organic salad vs a Big Mac.

Do what you (anyone, not just you~) want of course, but joining the conversation means you are discussing the existence of differences.     ;-)

Quoting AngylJen:

Seriously..who cares formula or breastmilk.. atleast they are eating. 

• SullyCat86
    December 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Isn't it funny how that works!!  Thats my two to a T.  my oldest is rarely sick and my youngest is a fever baby gets sick over everthing, allergic to mosquitos as well big time and has asthma

Quoting sparklebug86:

I formula fed my first and he is always healthy, rarely ever gets sick

I breastfed my second and she has asthma, always sick and is allergic to mosquitos

• AngylJen
    December 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM

A friend of mine BF her first.. and FF her second.. the first baby who is 4 right now is fighting leukemia.. and also has asthma.. the 2nd is 1 and I think the worst shes got is a tummy virus recently due to her father being sick with it. 

I dont believe illness comes from how we are fed. I dont believe breast milk prevents asthma. IMO, if a child is going to have a poor immune system, and have other issues as well, it was determined before the child was even born. 

Quoting SullyCat86:

Isn't it funny how that works!!  Thats my two to a T.  my oldest is rarely sick and my youngest is a fever baby gets sick over everthing, allergic to mosquitos as well big time and has asthma

Quoting sparklebug86:

I formula fed my first and he is always healthy, rarely ever gets sick

I breastfed my second and she has asthma, always sick and is allergic to mosquitos

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts