wantstickybean4
Hospital or home delivery?..
December 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Hmmmm???

Replies

• monkeybelle83
    December 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I am going to look into a home birth for the next baby if all goes well with this one, and if we have a home I'd WANT to do it in lol

Ahhhh apartment life. How I loathe thee lol

Quoting doulala:

Quoting monkeybelle83:

hospital with a midwife since this is my first baby

We; you *could* be home with an OB, too--  first or 14th baby, right?
    ;-)

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

hehe   You don't have to have a "home" birth in your home!
    :-)
    You can avoid unnecessary risks, add more pleasure, and fewer regrets!   Why wait--

Quoting monkeybelle83:

I am going to look into a home birth for the next baby if all goes well with this one, and if we have a home I'd WANT to do it in lol

Quoting doulala:

• monkeybelle83
    December 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM

short answer: paranoia. lol

I've heard amazing things from friends who have birthed with these midwifes at this hospital, so I am confident with my choice. I do get asked frequently who my OB is and get strange looks when I say I don't have one, I'm going with a midwife. lol

Quoting doulala:

hehe   You don't have to have a "home" birth in your home!
    :-)
    You can avoid unnecessary risks, add more pleasure, and fewer regrets!   Why wait--

Quoting monkeybelle83:

Quoting doulala:

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Why are you paranoid?

You are more likely to have a better/safer experience with the MWs but still be aware of the risks you have there, too.     You can work prenatally to prevent issues & complications, still having a good experience.     I just ask why work so hard to make it "homey" lol, when you could be at "home"??

I think it's fine to put it out there in the world that we use MWs because it helps to Normalize them (/the normal)!
    ;-)

Quoting monkeybelle83:

I've heard amazing things from friends who have birthed with these midwifes at this hospital, so I am confident with my choice. I do get asked frequently who my OB is and get strange looks when I say I don't have one, I'm going with a midwife. lol

Quoting doulala:
  • monkeybelle83
    December 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I don't deal well with what I don't understand, and I don't really understand ANY of the pregnancy stuff. Its a case of no amount of reading can truly prepare you for all the changes and whatnot. So far, I've been in the ER twice, once for severe constipation that caused cramping, pain and some spotting, and then a car accident where I took a blow to the abdomen. There are risks with any type of birth, some more than others, so I'm trying to go with a happy medium. If I were to do a home birth, I really would want it to be in my home, and its an idea we're considering for down the road. But for right now, both hubby and I are more comfortable with the midwife in the hospital they're affiliated with, which is also a good children's hospital.

Quoting doulala:

Why are you paranoid?

You are more likely to have a better/safer experience with the MWs but still be aware of the risks you have there, too.     You can work prenatally to prevent issues & complications, still having a good experience.     I just ask why work so hard to make it "homey" lol, when you could be at "home"??

I think it's fine to put it out there in the world that we use MWs because it helps to Normalize them (/the normal)!
    ;-)

Quoting monkeybelle83:

Quoting doulala:

• jewmaw13
    December 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM
    Im high risk and have to have a external pacemaker on sight and a c-section so hospital for me again!
  • lulu_tattoos
    December 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM
    I wanted a home birth this time, but considering the circumstances surrounding homebirthing in my area... We are opting for a hospital.

I switched to a CNM and a new hospital though, to get a better birth experience. So far I'm thrilled. I toured the birth unit and interviewed the representative. They're gung ho about a more natural approach to the birthing and postpartum experience.

• xredstarsx
    December 5, 2012 at 12:56 AM
    Home this time.
  • soaringflutes
    December 5, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Well, I'm aiming for the hospital, but since I live pretty far from ANY hospital, maybe baby will be born at home!

• Mrs.Andrews
    December 5, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Hospital for me. Although I'm hoping for a water birth with my next one. I would do home birth if we had midwives in our area.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts