amc103
Is it true?? PIOG
by amc103
December 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I am currently 28 weeks with DS2 and am really hoping for a vbac this time. I was ill informed with my first and agreed to an induction and ended up having a section due to failure to progress. Thing is, DS1 was 11 lbs 6 oz and 22.5 inches long! I know women can birth big babies naturally. My question is, if a baby is bigger in utero, does it have an impact on your body being able to have proper contractions during labor? Is it possible for your uterus to be too stretched out by a large baby? Is it possible that the size of the baby can hinder a woman's body to do what it needs to do for a vaginal birth? This baby is looking like its going to be big also. He's always right at the high end of the normal range and Im nervous of how big he will get. 

PS I didnt have GD or eclampsia with DS1. Im currently waiting on the results of my glucose test this time around. All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! :-)

Replies

• Honeybunches26
    December 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    Nope size alone can't determine how progression will go... It would take size of baby and pelvic size to determine the biggest lie being told to many women with normal healthy pregnancies right now is that baby is too large... I'm glad you're learning more about birth and your options its great to be informed.. yeah for vbac I'm happy for you
  • Becky.Mom.of.2
    December 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Hope you get your VBAC!!

• mem82
    by mem82
    December 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM

How old is your first one? I think it could be possible that the uterus *could* be weakened if the pregnancies are back to back to back, but I don't think that's too normal.

• mem82
    by mem82
    December 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM

You might want to ask your doctor about teas or supplements to strengthen your uterus. I don't really hold to much belief in that stuff but it's always an option to check out, you know? 8)

• Pandapanda
    December 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM

There are a few things you can do to strengthen your uterus over time. Red raspberry leaf tea helps tone up your uterus- since it is a giant muscle. You'd have to drink 1-3 cups of it a day for 4-5 weeks or longer. I swear by it. :)

As far as baby's size preventing labor from beginning/progressing, it simply doesn't happen like that. The most common causes of delayed or slow/stalled labor are: baby's position, whether labor is induced or spontaneous, whether drugs are used (pitocin, epidural, IV narcotics), whether mom stays in bed on her back or moves freely, and anxiety.

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    December 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

hope you get your vbac!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts