rydersmom11
why do i have acid reflux
December 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM

i been up all night with a cough cuz of acid reflux i just throw up cuz of it  and i keep peeing myself almost everytime i pee ahh 36 weeks sorry if i disgusted u haha ... so is acid reflux the same thing as heart burn cuz if it is then i hope my baby has lots of hair ...

Replies

• LillyJDv3.0
    December 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    I had that problem late in my pregnancy too
  • LillyJDv3.0
    December 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM
    Hit enter too soon lol. My dr said it was normal... I think I was about 35 weeks when it started bothering me.
  • AlanahsMommy623
    December 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM

you get it because of your baby pushing up against your stomach and causing all the acid to be closer to your esophogus (spelling?) anyway i get it too really bad sometimes. never had a problem with it before not even when i ate really spicy thigs, but since ive been prego with my son if i burp wrong i end up with a mouth full of acid and the want to go throw up. i munch tums as soon as i feel any kind of burning or unplesanteness in my chest. they make a couple different flavors to try if you are looking for some relief. and they are totally safe to take.

• MrS.GiFFord
    December 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Try Zantac and tums. Its a lifesaver for me. I had Acid Reflux before pregnancy and take Nexium. If I miss a dose I pay for it lol.

• newmom2be08
    December 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM

In late pregnancy, the baby is probably pushing up and causing your acid reflux.  It's amazing how our other organs get crunched to make room for the growing baby...and that we live to tell about it!  Lol  Increased progesterone also slows down the digestive system and that's why we have constipation, acid reflux and tummy problems.  Hope you feel better soon!

• rachelrothchild
    December 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

It's pretty normal at the end of pregnancy, but you could have a hiatal hernia.

• butterflyk1ssez
    December 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I removed myself off dairy and haven't had it in 24 hours. 37 weeks you may have it just because you have very little room for your intestines and stomach to be properly functioning and digesting food.

• januarybabies
    December 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    I also have it and dr said zantac was ok to take I had it with my 1st as well.
  • kimmie3577
    December 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

it is because your baby is pushing up against you stomach, i had it with my first pregnancy everynight, this time with this pregnancy i get it soo often and im not far along at all..if you can get a pillow and sleep laying up and tums worked really well for me ...

• hiswife11
    December 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    Acid reflex! Geez I had never felt it before. I went to the hospital on Sunday becouse of it!
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts