Pregnancy

Featured Posts
soaringflutes
Drinking while pregnant?
December 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I was on another site, and a few pregnant women said that they thought having a drink every now and then while pregnant was okay.  I had to wonder if anyone here thinks it's okay.  Aren't people concerned about fetal alchohol poisoning?  Just curious.  I would never drink while pregnant.  I think it's just too big of a risk.

EDIT:  The majority of you have been awesome in your postings, in that you are being respectful to other people.  This is just a reminder to be kind to others.  I do not hesitate in reporting rude or innappropriate comments to the moderators of this site.  Thank you!

Replies

• november117
    December 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    I had 3 big sips if wine a while ago and that was enough for me. I felt guilty but I did sleep the best I had in a while.
  • rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    December 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I didn't know I was pregnant and drank some the first trimester and I felt really bad but I didn't know I was pregnant because I was not trying or planning too.

• butterflycircle
    December 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I think that some say it is ok for a glass of wine or a sip of this or that. I don't know though. I would never drink while pregnant. I wouldn't drink ingeneral though either. When I was breasfeeding my son I had a sip of a drink my aunt made and he wasn't due to feed again for a few hours. I don't think there was any harm in that at all, but that sip is the most I have "drank"  in years lol.

• lillucky8
    December 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM
    I dont like wine so i didnt drink at all while preg
  • Randi02
    by Randi02
    December 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    I wouldn't risk it.

FASD is 100% preventable, and there is no known safe amount, or time, to drink during pregnancy.
  • celticgodess
    December 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

You are not going to see fetal alcohol poisining with one drink.  The biggest risk to the fbaby is the first trimester when you are most likely to be unaware of the pregnancy and drink.  I personally didn't drink during ether of my pregnancies, but I don't see anything wrong with one or two drinks throghout.

• NewMamaBoo
    December 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM

No. I want a healthy baby so I'm doing my best 

• flcowgrl23
    December 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    I'll be having a glass of merlot next saturday at a christmas party. I'll be 38 weeks, hopefully it will help relax me.
  • bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    December 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM
    I was 7 months along when we took our babymoon to Vegas, so yes , I had ONE drink
  • unspecified42
    December 2, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Nope, I'm not concerned about having a drink every now and again later on in pregnancy. No study done has ever found that a drink here or there caused any ill effect.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts