Pregnancy

RheaF
Telling your kids
by RheaF
November 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM
For those with other children, how and when did you tell them?

Mine are 4 & 7. We have not told them yet.

Replies

• austinsmama1106
    November 30, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    The day we found out, we told them. They were 23 months and 5.5 years old. We needed as much time as possible to prepare them both.
  • chamelinmom
    November 30, 2012 at 8:31 AM

we didnt tell them(mine are 5,4,3,1) until the 12 week ultrasound. We thought our oldest would share with everyone once we told her...she actually did really good about waiting. We showed her the ultrasound and she said mommy that looks like a baby, i said yes, its a baby in mommys belly...she was so excited. She told the rest what it was

• JennyLee24
    November 30, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    I told mine the day of. They are 4 and 5. They told me they were praying i would have a baby! :) I looked at Lylla, my youngest, and I said, "You're going to be a big sister!" She didnt get it right off but my oldest did and she said, "You're gonna have a baby!!" It was so sweet. They were jumping around and telling me they would help me with the baby and big my big helpers. This is something they have wanted just as much, maybe more than me. Lol
  • mj.bullion
    November 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    My DS will be 4 in Dec. He actually told me I was pregnant before I confirmed with a test (we were trying so I was hopeful). He came up to me, patted my belly and asked 'Is that your belly?' And I just said yes of course. Then he said 'you have a baby in your belly!' He also told me later on it was a girl baby. And according to ultrasound he is right. :]
  • Raeann11
    November 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

It has been different times with all them. This time I have waited a few extra days. With our last being a miscarriage. I just needed this couple of extra days. This weekend we plan on telling them. I feel they need to know early enough. Hard to not talk about it around them. It has helped that hubby works night and they are in school during the day when he is home. So we can talk. I know they think something is up. I have been asking each one of them how they would feel again if we had a baby. My oldest last night asked why I was asking this again? How come you are talking to us not together? 

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    November 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    Well avoiding to my LMP I am 6 weeks. I go next week for my appointment and to see what my HCG levels are and how far I really am. We are waiting to tell them until after we tell my Inlaws though
  • PrettyLady80253
    November 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM

As soon as i was sure (mine are 8,6,5,4) Only one was a girl she just told me she needed a sister. She got her wish had the baby on my 4yr old's bday. he didn't care he was a big brother now. and she was his. They all took it well

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    November 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    **according to my LMP. Ugh! Autocorrect
  • KCartair
    November 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    My kids are 2 & 5. They both know. & are kind of sometimey about it.
  • RheaF
    by RheaF
    November 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    I am pretty sure my DD (7) will be excited. She has been asking for a little sister,lol.

Pregnancy