Pregnancy

Featured Posts
jellybeanjean
Weird things you are not supposed to eat when pregnant (wives tales)
November 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM

My mom always tells me not to eat bananas because then the baby will be huge. She also tells me not to eat spicy food or the baby will have no hair.

What werid wives tales have you heard about what not to eat when pregnant?

Replies

• meam4444
    November 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Not here, but funny about the bananas!  :)  I ate them all my pregnancies like they were going out of style.

• tiffs2009
    November 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    I heard the spicy one only it was it would make them blind.
  • MommyIn2008
    November 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    Dang it Im going to have huge bald babies. i love bananas and spicy food. If it tasted good id eat both together.
  • hiswife11
    November 29, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    Lol! My mom would say not to cut my hair or else the baby would come out blind!
  • Mrs.Andrews
    November 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Lol, I have never heard those 2. That is funny. Only the stupid ones lately like no sushi, hot dogs, lunch meat, or eggnog.

• Tiffnkids
    November 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM
    Thats bc of listeriosis which causes miscarriages if its in the cold meats

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Lol, I have never heard those 2. That is funny. Only the stupid ones lately like no sushi, hot dogs, lunch meat, or eggnog.

• Mrs.Andrews
    November 30, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I know why, but it is really such a tiny possibility that you would get it. And if you just heat the meat, it will kill the bacteria. 

Quoting Tiffnkids:

Thats bc of listeriosis which causes miscarriages if its in the cold meats

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

• sissykay78
    November 30, 2012 at 1:00 AM
    Well this isnt eating it.. but my older relatives wouldnt let me handle any uncooked meat when pregnant. They said it caused stillborn. Oh and also I wasnt suppose to get things from high shelves cause reaching your hands above your head caused the cord to wrap around the babies neck. They always made me giggle :P
  • clz0213
    by clz0213
    November 30, 2012 at 1:38 AM
    Everyone tells me that too about shelves. I want even allowed to decorate for Christmas over about shoulder level

Quoting sissykay78:

Well this isnt eating it.. but my older relatives wouldnt let me handle any uncooked meat when pregnant. They said it caused stillborn. Oh and also I wasnt suppose to get things from high shelves cause reaching your hands above your head caused the cord to wrap around the babies neck. They always made me giggle :P

• carinsmommy
    November 30, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I was always told if you had a lot of heartburn your baby would have a full head of hair. LIARS!! My baby came out bald. Maybe it was singed off. LOL

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts