stressedmama24
its been awhile...another question*update again
November 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Its been a while since I've been pregnant(five years). I am currently six weeks and two.days pregnant. I have been really sick (am taking phenegan) lately. But today my hands ha r been really Shakey. Is this normal? I don't remember ever shaking like this.before. I try to hold something and my hand trembles. Any ideas? Sorry to be a pain and keep making posts

asking.questions.

***Update

I heard back from the Dr. They told me to go to the ER to get my blood pressure and blood sugar checked. Will update after I get results. Thank u ladies!

***update again
My blood pressure was slightly elevated but they just sent me home to rest. I am feeling a tiny bit better.

Replies

• BlissBagshaw
    November 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Could be low blood sugar, could be low iron, could be related to your being sick....  It's not really normal, per se.  Call your OB if it persists - in the meantime, try to snack a lot on small things to keep your blood sugar up.  Saltines and stuff... :)

• stressedmama24
    November 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    Thank u. I do know my iron is low bc I keep getting random bruises without anything touching me. I have had low iron with my previous children. I never had a problem with blood sugar tho and that's why it concerned me. But I will try ur suggestions and call the Dr if it doesn't stop. :-)

Quoting BlissBagshaw:

Could be low blood sugar, could be low iron, could be related to your being sick....  It's not really normal, per se.  Call your OB if it persists - in the meantime, try to snack a lot on small things to keep your blood sugar up.  Saltines and stuff... :)

• victoriahearts
    November 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I'm in the same place you are as far as forgotten what it's like to be pregnant, my last one was five years ago too. I think best suggestion is tell you doctor so many thing can be normal at the beginning but it's also best to confirm especially since you know you have an iron issue, you may have developed something else that may need to be addressed.

• stressedmama24
    November 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    Thank u. I'm getting ready to call in a few minutes. I have to let my phone charge a lil bit. :-/

Quoting victoriahearts:

I'm in the same place you are as far as forgotten what it's like to be pregnant, my last one was five years ago too. I think best suggestion is tell you doctor so many thing can be normal at the beginning but it's also best to confirm especially since you know you have an iron issue, you may have developed something else that may need to be addressed.

• Malayahsmom06
    November 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM

One likely problem would be low blood sugar. Call your Dr, if for no other reason to make you feel more at ease :) keep us posted.

• stressedmama24
    November 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    I called the Dr I'm waiting on a return phone call. I've tried snacks and my hands are still shaking and are feeling kinda numb and I feel dizzy. I tried something sweet but it didn't help.
  • sdunaway08
    November 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I would get hot and dizzy at times. Then a few times I'd get weak and shakey, like I was going to pass out. I never really had bad morning sickness though but have been battling high blood pressure the whole pregnancy.

• GodsAmiga
    November 17, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I've gotten that way sometimes when I needed to eat some protein. I hope you find out what's causing it!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts