Pregnancy

Featured Posts
MMerrill
Anyone ever used the Implanon or Nexplanon for BC?
November 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Has anyone here ever had one?  Was it a good experience or bad?

I just had my baby and I'm trying to figure out what BC to use by my 6 week PP check up.  I was on the pill and I never got pregnant or had any problems with it but I forget it a lot and I do NOT want to risk getting pregnant again so I need something a little more permanent and I'm thinking about getting the implant.

Replies

• Jblaac57
    November 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    I had implanon and it was a bad experience for me and almost impossible to find someone to take it out!
  • katzmeow726
    November 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Yes, and it was the WORST choice ever.   I would have 3-4 weeks of bleeding and spotting, then two weeks off, then another 3-4 weeks of spotting/bleeding.

I gained almost 25 pounds, and fell into a major depression.  It KILLED my sex drive.  And, it is likely to blame for the kidney stones I developed.

Avoid that thing at all costs! 

• MMerrill
    November 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Yeah I did some research and heard they can get lost in there, the Nexplanon has something in it so they can do an x-ray and find it now so I think if I do end up getting it, I'll definitely be getting the Nexplanon.

Quoting Jblaac57:

I had implanon and it was a bad experience for me and almost impossible to find someone to take it out!

• Jblaac57
    November 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    Mine didn't get lost,I couldn't find a doctor to take it out. it ended up staying in a year over because everyone kept tellingme to go back where I got it and I couldnt

Quoting MMerrill:

Yeah I did some research and heard they can get lost in there, the Nexplanon has something in it so they can do an x-ray and find it now so I think if I do end up getting it, I'll definitely be getting the Nexplanon.

Quoting Jblaac57:

• MMerrill
    November 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Ohh, that's ridiculous!

Quoting Jblaac57:

Mine didn't get lost,I couldn't find a doctor to take it out. it ended up staying in a year over because everyone kept tellingme to go back where I got it and I couldnt

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting Jblaac57:

• stargazerwolf
    December 6, 2012 at 4:32 AM

This was posted awhile ago, but thought i'd chime in, I have the Nexplanon and its been in a month, so far so good and no period in sight just had a bit of spotting a couple days, otherwise everything is good. it hurts for around a week, but now I don't even notice it, i just feel it occasionally to make sure its still there :)

• ncohetero
    December 6, 2012 at 5:09 AM
    I plan to get it in next week. If this post is still up I'll update
  • shell.bell
    December 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    I had the Implanon after I had my 3rd. I never had a single side effect from it. Had it out when he was 9 months old so we could maybe try for a baby close in age. I did breastfeed but never had any bleeding or hormonal changes, etc. To be honest I have never had a side effect to any birth control. After this baby is born I am getting the Implanon again, since it is the most reliable.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts