Pregnancy

Featured Posts
MMerrill
Anyone ever used the Implanon or Nexplanon for BC?
November 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Has anyone here ever had one?  Was it a good experience or bad?

I just had my baby and I'm trying to figure out what BC to use by my 6 week PP check up.  I was on the pill and I never got pregnant or had any problems with it but I forget it a lot and I do NOT want to risk getting pregnant again so I need something a little more permanent and I'm thinking about getting the implant.

Replies

• Jblaac57
    November 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    I had implanon and it was a bad experience for me and almost impossible to find someone to take it out!
  • katzmeow726
    November 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Yes, and it was the WORST choice ever.   I would have 3-4 weeks of bleeding and spotting, then two weeks off, then another 3-4 weeks of spotting/bleeding.

I gained almost 25 pounds, and fell into a major depression.  It KILLED my sex drive.  And, it is likely to blame for the kidney stones I developed.

Avoid that thing at all costs! 

• MMerrill
    November 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Yeah I did some research and heard they can get lost in there, the Nexplanon has something in it so they can do an x-ray and find it now so I think if I do end up getting it, I'll definitely be getting the Nexplanon.

Quoting Jblaac57:

I had implanon and it was a bad experience for me and almost impossible to find someone to take it out!

• Jblaac57
    November 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    Mine didn't get lost,I couldn't find a doctor to take it out. it ended up staying in a year over because everyone kept tellingme to go back where I got it and I couldnt

Quoting MMerrill:

Yeah I did some research and heard they can get lost in there, the Nexplanon has something in it so they can do an x-ray and find it now so I think if I do end up getting it, I'll definitely be getting the Nexplanon.

Quoting Jblaac57:

• MMerrill
    November 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Ohh, that's ridiculous!

Quoting Jblaac57:

Mine didn't get lost,I couldn't find a doctor to take it out. it ended up staying in a year over because everyone kept tellingme to go back where I got it and I couldnt

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting Jblaac57:

• stargazerwolf
    December 6, 2012 at 4:32 AM

This was posted awhile ago, but thought i'd chime in, I have the Nexplanon and its been in a month, so far so good and no period in sight just had a bit of spotting a couple days, otherwise everything is good. it hurts for around a week, but now I don't even notice it, i just feel it occasionally to make sure its still there :)

• ncohetero
    December 6, 2012 at 5:09 AM
    I plan to get it in next week. If this post is still up I'll update
  • shell.bell
    December 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    I had the Implanon after I had my 3rd. I never had a single side effect from it. Had it out when he was 9 months old so we could maybe try for a baby close in age. I did breastfeed but never had any bleeding or hormonal changes, etc. To be honest I have never had a side effect to any birth control. After this baby is born I am getting the Implanon again, since it is the most reliable.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN