Pregnancy

WestPhillyMama
Happily Ever After
October 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Alright, perhaps “Happily Ever After” might be a bit heavy handed considering we are only four months into this family of four thing – but already I know that welcoming our second baby was a positive step for our family and worth all the planning, worry and adjustment.  There were a few moments along the way where I thought to myself, “Oh no, what have we done?” – but those panicked moments have faded.  Now I look at my children and I’m flooded with the feeling that this is the exact way our family is supposed to be.  

When we were struggling (during the harder parts of the pregnancy, during those first few months after she arrived, and heck, even during labor) I would think of all the hopes I had for welcoming this new baby and they would keep me going.  Now that she's here and I'm getting to experience some of the things I was looking forward to it's just amazing.  Here are a few of my favorites:

• Siblings Sleeping Together - obviously they don't sleep together unattended, but when I'm putting them down for nap or bedtime they will often doze off with their heads together and they look like angels.
  • Big Brother Making Baby Sister Laugh - now that the baby is laughing, her big brother can't get enough of it and puts on a performance to keep the giggles coming.  He's finally found someone who fully appreciates his silliness.
  • Siblings Playing Together - this one is just beginning and it's already one of my greatest joys.  We have one lucky baby because her big brother is doing his best to incorporate her into his play despite her limited abilities at this point.  He will bring her toys and show her how to play with them or he will ask her opinion on which direction to take his own imaginative play (and insist he knows what her answer is), or even just sit and turn the pages of book with her.  I love it and can't wait to see it evolve over the years.

The days can still be challenging and at this point I don't have a lot of down time - but I'm trying my best to take each of these moments as a gift and soak them in. 

What are you looking forward to (or grateful for if you've already welcomed your baby)?

Replies

• 4kidz916
    October 29, 2012 at 8:44 AM

My kids are older now but I'm grateful that they get along together and I loved all the laughter when they were smaller. 

• slw123
    by slw123
    October 29, 2012 at 8:45 AM

My babies are a little older, they are 7 & 9.  Sometimes they are so sweet to each other that it brings tears to my eyes and sometimes they are so stinking mean that I can't believe that they belong to me.  They still look like angels when they sleep though.  I'm grateful that I know they have it in them to love each other and be friends.  I tell them that one day they will be the only other people on earth that they can truly count on  (as in when we are gone).

• KristinRox
    October 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I love that my children are friends. They are never lonely because they have a brother or sister to play with. Its so sweet to listen to them talk so seriously to each other about their lives. I love it. 

• natesmom1228
    October 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I only have one child.

• goddess99
    October 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

My dd is an only child.

• Madelaine
    October 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM

They are healthy and all get along for the most part.

• aneela
    by aneela
    October 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

my son likes sharing and helping ..he is a very sweet child on most days ha ha

• gacgbaker
    October 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM

The love all of my kids share for the new baby is so amazing to see- it's like they all grow closer with each addition.  We still have some fussing with each other, but they really do pull together nicely.  

• .Angelica.
    October 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I love how easily my son can make my daughter laugh. she thinks he is hilarious.

• KaylaMillar
    October 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I'm so greatful that my kids play so well together. They honestly are best friends 

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN