Pregnancy

Featured Posts
WestPhillyMama
Happily Ever After
October 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Alright, perhaps “Happily Ever After” might be a bit heavy handed considering we are only four months into this family of four thing – but already I know that welcoming our second baby was a positive step for our family and worth all the planning, worry and adjustment.  There were a few moments along the way where I thought to myself, “Oh no, what have we done?” – but those panicked moments have faded.  Now I look at my children and I’m flooded with the feeling that this is the exact way our family is supposed to be.  

When we were struggling (during the harder parts of the pregnancy, during those first few months after she arrived, and heck, even during labor) I would think of all the hopes I had for welcoming this new baby and they would keep me going.  Now that she's here and I'm getting to experience some of the things I was looking forward to it's just amazing.  Here are a few of my favorites:

• Siblings Sleeping Together - obviously they don't sleep together unattended, but when I'm putting them down for nap or bedtime they will often doze off with their heads together and they look like angels.
  • Big Brother Making Baby Sister Laugh - now that the baby is laughing, her big brother can't get enough of it and puts on a performance to keep the giggles coming.  He's finally found someone who fully appreciates his silliness.
  • Siblings Playing Together - this one is just beginning and it's already one of my greatest joys.  We have one lucky baby because her big brother is doing his best to incorporate her into his play despite her limited abilities at this point.  He will bring her toys and show her how to play with them or he will ask her opinion on which direction to take his own imaginative play (and insist he knows what her answer is), or even just sit and turn the pages of book with her.  I love it and can't wait to see it evolve over the years.

The days can still be challenging and at this point I don't have a lot of down time - but I'm trying my best to take each of these moments as a gift and soak them in. 

What are you looking forward to (or grateful for if you've already welcomed your baby)?

Replies

• gacgbaker
    November 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

So greatful for smiles and her little voice!

• Bob192
    by Bob192
    November 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I love cuddle time, where they will just let me hold them!!

• aneela
    by aneela
    November 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

my son is an only child but he loves to make friends

• MamaBear2cubs
    November 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I think just having them both happy is the best thing.

• Madelaine
    November 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Loved all of it!

• gacgbaker
    November 6, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I've loved reading though all of these comments!

• gacgbaker
    November 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Quoting Threes.Company:

I always looked forward to that FIRST reaction... the FIRST time they saw/held/experienced the new baby. :)

So true, love those first reactions!

• gacgbaker
    November 6, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I'm greatful they keep eachother occupied from time to time lol

Oh good one!  It's so fun to see them interact with each other, and nice to be able to send them to play together and get something else done!

• countrygirlkat
    November 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Quoting slw123:

My babies are a little older, they are 7 & 9.  Sometimes they are so sweet to each other that it brings tears to my eyes and sometimes they are so stinking mean that I can't believe that they belong to me.  They still look like angels when they sleep though.  I'm grateful that I know they have it in them to love each other and be friends.  I tell them that one day they will be the only other people on earth that they can truly count on  (as in when we are gone).

Same here.  My older two are 7 and 5 and they can be the best of friends and the worst of enemies.  We tell them the same thing that they will always have each other and they need to treasure that. 

• ceciliam
    November 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I was just grateful to have him.....it took awhile to get pregnant.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts