Pregnancy

eholley84
Does a faint positive test mean im pregnant?¿
October 17, 2012 at 5:50 AM
If a HPT with two lines meaning pregnant is it still considered positive if the second is lighter than the one in the control window?? O_o couldn't post pic with this go look at my pic on myh profile

Replies

• 13mommaof3
    October 17, 2012 at 6:04 AM
    A positive is positive no matter how light that test line is!! I couldn't see a pic but when I tested with my kiddos the control line was dark and test line very light!
  • BOOGIETHEBOOG
    October 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Yes maam it is a postive no matter how light or dark it is.

• purvislets
    October 17, 2012 at 7:48 AM

It is a true positive if all of the following variables are true:

1.  The test is valid (i.e. not expired, control line showed up properly, etc)
    2.  The test was taken correctly according to the instructions
    3.  The test results were read within the time limit (most tests recommend 3-5 minutes).  Tests read too long after the time limit are considered invalid.
    4.  The test line has actual color in it and is not just an indentation.

Anytime you get a faint positive I would wait 24-48 hours and test again with FMU (first morning urine) to see if the line is there again and if it has gotten darker.

I tried to look on your profile but I couldn't see the picture anywhere.  Best of luck to you! 

• lillucky8
    October 17, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    Yep! Id retest in a few days just to be sure
  • butterflycircle
    October 17, 2012 at 8:37 AM

the second line is almost always lighter than the control window. If the line is super faint it probab;y means you are just a little early yet. I had super super super light pos. this pregnancy and turns out I am earlier than I thought. I have no idea how I am so early b/c I know for sure the last period I had, but o well I am 19 weeks today and having a baby girl!

• MMerrill
    October 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I took like 20 tests and kept getting lines that were so faint I thought I was just seeing things.  They were definitely positive...wait a week and retest, the lines should be darker as you devolp more hormones!  A positive is a positive no matter how faint!!  Congrats!!

• crystalrbp
    October 17, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    If your doubting the line, get a digital. You will have your deffinate answer then. But as the other ladies said a positive is a positive.
  • RedheadMama18
    October 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Yes that is still a positive!  Congratulations!

• MyLittlePwny
    October 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM

With my first I got a very faint line.  I was told a line means you're pregnant.  Turns out, I wasn't even 4 weeks pregnant and AF wasn't even late yet.  With my second, I didn't test until I was 6 weeks and the line was extremely dark.

• rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    October 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

yes

Pregnancy