Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Snapdragon88
I have a question for you if you've given birth without an epidural!!!
October 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM

What was the most painful part of labor for you? Was the pushing worse than contractions or vice versa?

I went through most of the contractions without an epidural so I know what that pain is like, but I had an epidural for the pushing. I'm just wondering if I can make it this time without an epidural at all. The reason I had one before was because my coccyx was going to break again when he came down the birth canal and I did NOT want to feel that, lol. 

I've heard from some women that the pushing came as a relief after the contractions... sort of like it was relieving pressure? But then others have said the pushing was worse. I don't know. What was your experience like?

Replies

• Fellie
    by Fellie
    October 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM

The contractions were tolerable and the pushing didn't hurt for me at all. I'd say the worst part was going from 6 cm to 10 cm in 20 minutes. My baby was 8lbs 9oz, she came out in 3 pushes and I didn't tear. OF COURSE you can make it, silly! :P But everybody is different. Just have to see for yourself and make sure you're as prepared as you can be! Have lots of support and don't be scared!

• lhiannan
    October 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    I'd say that the contractions were waaaay worse. Pushing was a relief.
  • Bradya
    by Bradya
    October 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    I did both of my labors without Medicine and the pushing was a great relief
  • 4_little_angels
    October 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    I had my ds1 without one but he came early at 32 weeks. My water broke at home and I was in pain but it was tolerable. When I got to the hospital I was already 4cm, too late for an epidural. He was born within half an hour of getting there.
  • LoveOfWisdom
    October 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    Transition contractions. Pushing was quick and easy.
  • bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    October 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    Pushing doesn't hurt the worst part was contractions
  • Snapdragon88
    October 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM

lol, I knoooowww... I don't know why I doubt myself, I actually handle pain very well. Child birth is just... daunting, lol. 

Quoting Fellie:

The contractions were tolerable and the pushing didn't hurt for me at all. I'd say the worst part was going from 6 cm to 10 cm in 20 minutes. My baby was 8lbs 9oz, she came out in 3 pushes and I didn't tear. OF COURSE you can make it, silly! :P But everybody is different. Just have to see for yourself and make sure you're as prepared as you can be! Have lots of support and don't be scared!

• Snapdragon88
    October 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Really? Why is 4cm too late for an epidural? I didn't get to the hospital until was 8cm and still didn't get an epi until 9cm. 

Quoting 4_little_angels:

I had my ds1 without one but he came early at 32 weeks. My water broke at home and I was in pain but it was tolerable. When I got to the hospital I was already 4cm, too late for an epidural. He was born within half an hour of getting there.

• kLynch315
    October 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    Contractions were worse than pushing but feeling my vagina tear hurt like hell!
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    October 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    The ring of fire hurt the worst!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts