Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Snapdragon88
I have a question for you if you've given birth without an epidural!!!
October 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM

What was the most painful part of labor for you? Was the pushing worse than contractions or vice versa?

I went through most of the contractions without an epidural so I know what that pain is like, but I had an epidural for the pushing. I'm just wondering if I can make it this time without an epidural at all. The reason I had one before was because my coccyx was going to break again when he came down the birth canal and I did NOT want to feel that, lol. 

I've heard from some women that the pushing came as a relief after the contractions... sort of like it was relieving pressure? But then others have said the pushing was worse. I don't know. What was your experience like?

Replies

• Fellie
    by Fellie
    October 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM

The contractions were tolerable and the pushing didn't hurt for me at all. I'd say the worst part was going from 6 cm to 10 cm in 20 minutes. My baby was 8lbs 9oz, she came out in 3 pushes and I didn't tear. OF COURSE you can make it, silly! :P But everybody is different. Just have to see for yourself and make sure you're as prepared as you can be! Have lots of support and don't be scared!

• lhiannan
    October 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    I'd say that the contractions were waaaay worse. Pushing was a relief.
  • Bradya
    by Bradya
    October 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    I did both of my labors without Medicine and the pushing was a great relief
  • 4_little_angels
    October 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    I had my ds1 without one but he came early at 32 weeks. My water broke at home and I was in pain but it was tolerable. When I got to the hospital I was already 4cm, too late for an epidural. He was born within half an hour of getting there.
  • LoveOfWisdom
    October 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    Transition contractions. Pushing was quick and easy.
  • bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    October 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    Pushing doesn't hurt the worst part was contractions
  • Snapdragon88
    October 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM

lol, I knoooowww... I don't know why I doubt myself, I actually handle pain very well. Child birth is just... daunting, lol. 

Quoting Fellie:

The contractions were tolerable and the pushing didn't hurt for me at all. I'd say the worst part was going from 6 cm to 10 cm in 20 minutes. My baby was 8lbs 9oz, she came out in 3 pushes and I didn't tear. OF COURSE you can make it, silly! :P But everybody is different. Just have to see for yourself and make sure you're as prepared as you can be! Have lots of support and don't be scared!

• Snapdragon88
    October 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Really? Why is 4cm too late for an epidural? I didn't get to the hospital until was 8cm and still didn't get an epi until 9cm. 

Quoting 4_little_angels:

I had my ds1 without one but he came early at 32 weeks. My water broke at home and I was in pain but it was tolerable. When I got to the hospital I was already 4cm, too late for an epidural. He was born within half an hour of getting there.

• kLynch315
    October 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    Contractions were worse than pushing but feeling my vagina tear hurt like hell!
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    October 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    The ring of fire hurt the worst!

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email