Pregnancy

Arizona77
Birth Control while breastfeeding .. did it affect your milk supply?
October 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I used the praguard IUD while breast feeding cause I was abit nervous about how the mini pill would affect my milk supply. What form of birth control did you use and for how long were you able to breastfeed. Did your birth control affect your milk supply? Next time around I may consider the Rhythm/Calender method.

Replies

• happymommy2b90
    October 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    Bump I would like to know also
  • girlcarrot
    October 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I got the depo shot when I was 6 weeks because the OB said it was ok and it wouldnt affect my milk supply but it almost completely killed it. It took me two weeks of non stop nursing and pumping around the clock to get it back up.

Mini pill is good for nursing once it is established.

DF is getting the big "V" in February before the baby is born so woop no more BC FOR ME!

• shortyali
    October 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    I tried mirena and had horrible side effects, can't remember to take a pill at the exact same time everyday so the mini pill was out for me and not a fan of shots. So I had the paraguard and loved it except for the heavy periods that I had but I am most likely doing it again because I'm not ready to get my tubes tied. I nursed DD for 22 months until I was 3 months prego and DD decided she was done.
  • KariC33
    by KariC33
    October 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    Good question, im curious of knowing the anwser too!
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    October 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    We don't use hormonal birth control.

Anyone else?
  • kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    I got the Mirena and have been nursing my son for 10.5 months and we are still going strong. I tried the mini pill first to make sure it didn't affect my supply before I got it.
  • munkiebaby
    October 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM

no help here.. We used the Rhythm method.. worked for us untill we deside to get prego, and got prego the first time we tryed. Its effective method but you have to know your body realy well and signs of pre/ovulation and such, know to the day when ur period is and how long. its a pain at time but once you learn the safe/danger zones your ok. if your have an andriod phone they have great apps that help.

Pregnancy