Pregnancy

Featured Posts
StefieW
Trying to beat an induction date....HELP!!!!MORE INFO ON TOP!!!!
by StefieW
October 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

More INFO

Ok so I know I don't have to be induced But Baby a and baby b are head down for the first time So my chances are less likely that I will need a C section That said I did cancel my induction and let them come when they are ready ALSO ir rook a long time to find a OB that would over see me in labor naturally with twins 

So I am 39 week 5 days with twins!I am aiming for a all natural delivery But I will be induce on Sunday if not! Noooooo I really don't wanna be induced because more then likely I will have to have a c section! So anyone have any suggestions on how I can get labor stated? I am all ready 4cm dilated and 100% effaced. 

I have:

• Had sex
  • Walked 3 miles
  • Did the oil YUKKKKKKKK
  • Red raspberry leaf tea
  • Had a membrane sweep 3 times
  • Jumping jacks
  • Squats 
  • Bumpy car ride

Replies

• Chellie13
    October 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

There's no reason to induce unless the babies are showing signs of stress.  Just say you are going to wait.  A single pregnancy wouldn't be induced until at least 42 weeks (which I thnk is still unnecessary).  Some doctors just keep doing the same thing over and over with every woman.  It's your call.  (again, unless there is a definite sign of the babies in stress). 

Good luck!

• RunningMom81
    October 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM

they work different for everyone - i've known people to have great success with them - i'm not telling her to do it - she just asked for suggestions.

Quoting orangeshirt:

Black and blue cohosh can cause rapid and painful contractions which do nothing to speed along the process. They are known to cause much discomfort with little "success".

Quoting RunningMom81:

you can take evening primose oil orally and stick it up inside your cervix (Poke holes in the capsules and insert just before you crawl into bed)  you can also take black and blue cohash but you'd have to research it more, i don't remember how much you are supposed to take.  if you have a breast pump you can pump one side till you have a contraction then switch and pump the other side.  make sure you deep squat as low as you can with your legs apart and pelvis open with all contractions.  and above all - i agree with everyone saying you have the right to refuse induction!!

• nevaNabismommy
    October 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    Depending on if both your babies are both heads down you may have to have one anyway. And just because you get induced doesn't mean you will end up having a c section either. If your already at 4 cm it may just take one babies sac to be broke to start your labor or just a bit of meds.
    I know there are risks to induction but there is also risks of keeping 2 babies in past your due date.
  • sfank
    by sfank
    October 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

One of the things I heard lots before having my last baby was walking with one foot on the curb and one on the road to help the baby (or in your case babies) decend. It's worth a try anyhow. I tried pretty much everything and nothing worked for me, sorry. Keep trying the safe things though (sex, walking, bouncing, spicy food) because you still have a couple of days.

With regards to not showing up/refusing induction: the other ladies are completely right, you have the right to refuse the induction. That said, it can really complicate your relationship with your doctor. S/he will probably not be happy with you for refusing his/her advice and it could make for an unpleasant delivery with lots of tension which won't help things move along nicely. Inductions don't always lead to sections (though there is definitely a higher chance with induction). I'm not saying that it's right for your doctor to treat you differently if you refuse induction because it's not, I'm just saying it's a realistic possibility. I wish you the best of luck with your decision and hope you go into labour before it's an issue. Good luck with your delivery and life with twins!

• BiPolarMomto3
    October 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    Lots and lots of walking!!!!!!

Quoting StefieW:

So I am 39 week 5 days with twins!I am aiming for a all natural delivery But I will be induce on Sunday if not! Noooooo I really don't wanna be induced because more then likely I will have to have a c section! So anyone have any suggestions on how I can get labor stated? I am all ready 4cm dilated and 100% effaced. 

I have:

• Had sex
    • Walked 3 miles
    • Did the oil YUKKKKKKKK
    • Red raspberry leaf tea
    • Had a membrane sweep 3 times
    • Jumping jacks
    • Squats 
    • Bumpy car ride
  • orangeshirt
    October 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    In all, the "risk" of waiting beyond 42 weeks seems to be a 0.33% chance of fetal death. That means over 99.5% chance of healthy babies.

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

Depending on if both your babies are both heads down you may have to have one anyway. And just because you get induced doesn't mean you will end up having a c section either. If your already at 4 cm it may just take one babies sac to be broke to start your labor or just a bit of meds.

I know there are risks to induction but there is also risks of keeping 2 babies in past your due date.

• silka08
    by silka08
    October 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    Random, bit would EPO increase risk of PP hemorrhage?

Quoting louzannalady:

Just be careful with oral EPO. It is a blood thinner!

Quoting RunningMom81:

you can take evening primose oil orally and stick it up inside your cervix (Poke holes in the capsules and insert just before you crawl into bed)  you can also take black and blue cohash but you'd have to research it more, i don't remember how much you are supposed to take.  if you have a breast pump you can pump one side till you have a contraction then switch and pump the other side.  make sure you deep squat as low as you can with your legs apart and pelvis open with all contractions.  and above all - i agree with everyone saying you have the right to refuse induction!!

• louzannalady
    October 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    It is a possiblity, because it is a blood thinner. It just isn't ideal to take orally right before birth. It is says on the facts about it, that if you are having a surgery to stop taking it two weeks before the procedure.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/1006.html#Safety

Quoting silka08:

Random, bit would EPO increase risk of PP hemorrhage?

Quoting louzannalady:

Just be careful with oral EPO. It is a blood thinner!

Quoting RunningMom81:

• Mrs.Parker612
    October 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    With my last pregnancy, the day before i went into labor I walked on a treadmill for like 30 mins, did a lot of cleaning, and watched "knocked up" before bed. Woke up 1 1/2 hrs later to my water breaking and contractions 5 mins apart. Idk if any of that contributed though. But as the other ladies said, they cannot force you to be induced. You have rights. It is your body, your babies, your birthing experience. They may not like it but you have a voice in the matter.
  • doulala
    by doulala
    October 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Why do you want an induction?

--I mean, why are you planning one if you don't want one??

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN