Pregnancy

Featured Posts
StefieW
Trying to beat an induction date....HELP!!!!MORE INFO ON TOP!!!!
by StefieW
October 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

More INFO

Ok so I know I don't have to be induced But Baby a and baby b are head down for the first time So my chances are less likely that I will need a C section That said I did cancel my induction and let them come when they are ready ALSO ir rook a long time to find a OB that would over see me in labor naturally with twins 

So I am 39 week 5 days with twins!I am aiming for a all natural delivery But I will be induce on Sunday if not! Noooooo I really don't wanna be induced because more then likely I will have to have a c section! So anyone have any suggestions on how I can get labor stated? I am all ready 4cm dilated and 100% effaced. 

I have:

• Had sex
  • Walked 3 miles
  • Did the oil YUKKKKKKKK
  • Red raspberry leaf tea
  • Had a membrane sweep 3 times
  • Jumping jacks
  • Squats 
  • Bumpy car ride

Replies

• Heather2001
    October 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Here's the best suggestion:  Don't show up for your induction.  =)

• StefieW
    by StefieW
    October 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Its ok I guess you missed my point.....They WILL medically induce me at 40 weeks exactly  When they happens with twins the rate for a c section goes WAY up and I dont want ANY meds in my system at all a twin delivery is hard enough I dont wanna add med complications to that list!

• birthymom4
    October 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quoting bellaamore:

Lol

Said that way is a car oil. That'll kill you. You are talking about caster oil

Quoting Byrd15:

I think its called casterole oil... I hear it works! 

BUMP

Yes PLEASE do not take Motor oil...LOL.

• Avetay
    by Avetay
    October 12, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    Nipple stimulation worked for me
  • birthymom4
    October 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting StefieW:

Its ok I guess you missed my point.....They WILL medically induce me at 40 weeks exactly  When they happens with twins the rate for a c section goes WAY up and I dont want ANY meds in my system at all a twin delivery is hard enough I dont wanna add med complications to that list!

I do not think anyone missed the point.

They can NOT make you induce, you HAVE to agree to it (Informed consent). Saying they WILL induce no matter what is just not true, you have to let them.

You have the RIGHT to say no, whether or not you practice that right is on you.

To answer your question on how to help things get moving

Sex

Evening primrose oil (a capsule in the vagina at night)

Light jogging

Bouncing on a yoga/birth ball

Spice food

Over seasoned Pizza (or basil and oregano tea)

• louzannalady
    October 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    We are NOT missing the point! Do your research. Having twins is like any other pregnency and NOT a medical emergency or anything you need to be saved from. An induction is not an evidence-based practice for birthing twins. They will come on their own safe and sound.
    Legally, they can only do what YOU consent to! You have the right to informed consent and informed refusal. They are not going to come to your house to hook up you to Pitocin! Lol!

Quoting StefieW:

• RunningMom81
    October 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM

you can take evening primose oil orally and stick it up inside your cervix (Poke holes in the capsules and insert just before you crawl into bed)  you can also take black and blue cohash but you'd have to research it more, i don't remember how much you are supposed to take.  if you have a breast pump you can pump one side till you have a contraction then switch and pump the other side.  make sure you deep squat as low as you can with your legs apart and pelvis open with all contractions.  and above all - i agree with everyone saying you have the right to refuse induction!!

• orangeshirt
    October 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    No "natural" forms of induction will send you into active labor. They might help soften your cervix (as is the case with EPO), they might make nearby organs contract, causing prodromal contractions in the uterus (as is the case with lots of pineapple or castor oil), or they may help prepare your uterine muscles for a workout (as with RRL), or they might help your body release oxytocin (as with nipple stimulation or sex), BUT you will not induce labor. That will either happen on its own (ideal) or artificially through medication which is NOT intended for women without a TRUE medical need. Twin birth does not equal an emergent need for medical induction.

As others have stated, you can't be forced into a procedure. You, as a human being with inherent rights backed by written law, either accept or decline medical procedures when offered. If you truly wish to have a natural birth experience and do not want to increase your risk of a c-section, decline in as polite or demanding a manner as the situation warrants.
  • orangeshirt
    October 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    Black and blue cohosh can cause rapid and painful contractions which do nothing to speed along the process. They are known to cause much discomfort with little "success".

Quoting RunningMom81:

you can take evening primose oil orally and stick it up inside your cervix (Poke holes in the capsules and insert just before you crawl into bed)  you can also take black and blue cohash but you'd have to research it more, i don't remember how much you are supposed to take.  if you have a breast pump you can pump one side till you have a contraction then switch and pump the other side.  make sure you deep squat as low as you can with your legs apart and pelvis open with all contractions.  and above all - i agree with everyone saying you have the right to refuse induction!!

• louzannalady
    October 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    Just be careful with oral EPO. It is a blood thinner!

Quoting RunningMom81:

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts