Pregnancy

cmj33
ACNE!!!
by cmj33
October 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Im 6 weeks pregnant and I have been breaking out so bad. All over my chin and forhead. I just figure its my hormones but its getting really annoying and hard to deal with :( Anyone else get it pretty bad. What things can I use to wash my face and help my acne?

Replies

• Heather2001
    October 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I had awful acne my first trimester.  Nothing helped, nothing took it away.  I just had to wait it out.  =(

• lilyasmommy
    October 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I had it pretty bad in my first trimester, nothing helped me. But it did start clearing up once I got into my second trimester. It's hard to deal with but well worth it in the end :)

• KariC33
    by KariC33
    October 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    Im like the previous moms who posted, i broke out during 1st trimester then it started clearing up once i got in the 2nd trimester, theres not much to do... I just waited it out :/
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    October 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    Whenever I'm pregnant, the first trimester is horrible for my skin & I never found anything that helped. :/ BUT, it did go away on it's own.
  • Becky.Mom.of.2
    October 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM
    Yep, teenage year all over again for me. I'm getting them on my shoulders and back too :(
  • lovefromwithin
    October 12, 2012 at 5:43 AM

I'd just use mild bar soap for the time being. Topical acne medication is a no no during pregnancy sadly enough.

simple frown

• ameraznkimko
    October 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Yes its a pretty common to break out during pregnancy...its tough because you cant use alot of things on your skin due to the chemicals...try diluted apple vinegar used as a toner after cleansing...also essential oils are great..just make sure that you use therapeutic grade essential oils because if you dont then its the same as applying chemicals too..let me know if you need some suggestions..oh and yes the apple vinegar will smell bad but it goes away pretty quick

• SRB212
    by SRB212
    October 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I used Mary Kay's Velocity face wash and moisturizer and my face cleared up in about a week.  A friend of mine who has 2 kids recommended it.

Pregnancy