Pregnancy

Featured Posts
jesuschild06
eggnog
October 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I am craving eggnog. I know its not healthy in general but is it safe to drink while pregnant? Are the eggs cooked or raw?

Replies

• ilostmy_keys
    October 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

it's fine if it's pasteurized. made my stomach horribly upset the other day, though! too heavy.

• Diamondblue1
    October 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    I think it's safe and if i see it i'm going for it :) it's the holidays and baby will have NOOO complaints once she gets a whiff of it lol
  • ckapps4911
    October 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

the eggs in it are usually raw...if u buy it in the carton from the store the egg in it is usually pasturized which is supposed to kill all the bad germs in it but i still wouldnt risk it...if ur really desperate u can look up a recipe for eggnog that has cooked eggs in it and make it at home so u know its safe.

• halinichols
    October 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    Yummm, I can't wait to have eggnog and rum again!
  • nikkifam5
    October 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    As soon as it hits the shelves I'm buying it up!
  • jesuschild06
    October 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

haha ! thats awesome !

Quoting Diamondblue1:

I think it's safe and if i see it i'm going for it :) it's the holidays and baby will have NOOO complaints once she gets a whiff of it lol

• Diamondblue1
    October 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    Quoting ilostmy_keys:

it's fine if it's pasteurized. made my stomach horribly upset the other day, though! too heavy.

They're selling eggnog where you live already? I don't think i saw any yet where i live i think maybe the end of this month or the first week of november
  • bebe_ju-rah
    October 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    I only ever drink it with spiced rum, so I won't be having any this year. :(
  • jesuschild06
    October 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

my boyfriends mom saw it the other day where i live, but they didnt have any tonight. the workers said it was probably a random early delivery :( Wish i had the patience to make some, but i am so not a cook

Quoting Diamondblue1:

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

They're selling eggnog where you live already? I don't think i saw any yet where i live i think maybe the end of this month or the first week of november

• mamatocaleb
    October 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

in the store its completely FINE, homemade-rarely will you find a recipe that is safe.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN