Pregnancy

Featured Posts
jesuschild06
eggnog
October 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I am craving eggnog. I know its not healthy in general but is it safe to drink while pregnant? Are the eggs cooked or raw?

Replies

• ilostmy_keys
    October 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

it's fine if it's pasteurized. made my stomach horribly upset the other day, though! too heavy.

• Diamondblue1
    October 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    I think it's safe and if i see it i'm going for it :) it's the holidays and baby will have NOOO complaints once she gets a whiff of it lol
  • ckapps4911
    October 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

the eggs in it are usually raw...if u buy it in the carton from the store the egg in it is usually pasturized which is supposed to kill all the bad germs in it but i still wouldnt risk it...if ur really desperate u can look up a recipe for eggnog that has cooked eggs in it and make it at home so u know its safe.

• halinichols
    October 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    Yummm, I can't wait to have eggnog and rum again!
  • nikkifam5
    October 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    As soon as it hits the shelves I'm buying it up!
  • jesuschild06
    October 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

haha ! thats awesome !

Quoting Diamondblue1:

I think it's safe and if i see it i'm going for it :) it's the holidays and baby will have NOOO complaints once she gets a whiff of it lol

• Diamondblue1
    October 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    Quoting ilostmy_keys:

it's fine if it's pasteurized. made my stomach horribly upset the other day, though! too heavy.

They're selling eggnog where you live already? I don't think i saw any yet where i live i think maybe the end of this month or the first week of november
  • bebe_ju-rah
    October 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    I only ever drink it with spiced rum, so I won't be having any this year. :(
  • jesuschild06
    October 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

my boyfriends mom saw it the other day where i live, but they didnt have any tonight. the workers said it was probably a random early delivery :( Wish i had the patience to make some, but i am so not a cook

Quoting Diamondblue1:

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

They're selling eggnog where you live already? I don't think i saw any yet where i live i think maybe the end of this month or the first week of november

• mamatocaleb
    October 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

in the store its completely FINE, homemade-rarely will you find a recipe that is safe.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts