Pregnancy

halinichols
if sex to naturally induce labor worked for you..
October 9, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Did you both get off at the same time, or did he get off first and you orgasmed a couple mins after?

How long after that did contractions start or what happened?

It worked with my first but I don't think it will work for this one.

Replies

• halinichols
    October 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM
    What exactly is "nipple stimulation"? Just playing with them or DF sucking on them or what?

Quoting clasater:

We did it 3 times in a matter of 24 hours (per "instructions" from a friend lol) we both got off every time and I started contraction shortly after the first time just not regularly. The 3rd time we did it was right before bed, I woke up in active hard labor and delivered 6 hours later. :) with our second baby we did it twice in 24 hours and kicked it up a notch with nipple stimulation and that did the trick, we were too tuckered out for round 3! Lol and with baby #3 we said forget this sex crap we don't have the energy for that! Hahaha but it did work both times we wanted it to

• clasater
    October 10, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    I would classify it as "playing with them vigorously" lol dh did some of it and then I sat there in between sessions and did it. You can google nipple stimulation for full instructions, but basically your rolling your nipples between your thumb and forefinger for certain periods of time. Best to look it up because it can cause some pretty strong contractions!

Quoting halinichols:

What exactly is "nipple stimulation"? Just playing with them or DF sucking on them or what?

Quoting clasater:

We did it 3 times in a matter of 24 hours (per "instructions" from a friend lol) we both got off every time and I started contraction shortly after the first time just not regularly. The 3rd time we did it was right before bed, I woke up in active hard labor and delivered 6 hours later. :) with our second baby we did it twice in 24 hours and kicked it up a notch with nipple stimulation and that did the trick, we were too tuckered out for round 3! Lol and with baby #3 we said forget this sex crap we don't have the energy for that! Hahaha but it did work both times we wanted it to

• MommieBre21
    October 10, 2012 at 4:59 AM

Every time I had an orgasm, I had contractions. I was 6cm dialated by 37 weeks with my 2nd daughter and 100% effaced, the only thing, my water hadn't broken yet. But we didn't use sex to start labor, we just loved having sex while I was pregnant. Oh and we both got off at the same time.

• halinichols
    October 10, 2012 at 6:16 AM
    Okay thanks!

Quoting clasater:

I would classify it as "playing with them vigorously" lol dh did some of it and then I sat there in between sessions and did it. You can google nipple stimulation for full instructions, but basically your rolling your nipples between your thumb and forefinger for certain periods of time. Best to look it up because it can cause some pretty strong contractions!

Quoting halinichols:

Quoting clasater:

• halinichols
    October 10, 2012 at 6:19 AM
    We love it too. And I haven't been able to give it in a while since I was on pelvic rest but now I'm 36 weeks and off of it so I figured last night I'd give him some. Sex sent me into preterm labor twice with my last pregnancy, both nights I had sex. When I went in the first time I was 3cm but heavily contracting and they stopped it, 2nd time I was heavily contracting and was 4cm (3 weeks later) and had DD. So I thought it would work this time since I'm more progressed without contractions but idk, maybe he didn't get enough of him inside me. He did say it was tight and swollen and hard for him to stay inside me.

Quoting MommieBre21:

Every time I had an orgasm, I had contractions. I was 6cm dialated by 37 weeks with my 2nd daughter and 100% effaced, the only thing, my water hadn't broken yet. But we didn't use sex to start labor, we just loved having sex while I was pregnant. Oh and we both got off at the same time.

• Steamedpuddle30
    October 10, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    Didn't help me. Either way
  • Kennadismom
    October 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM
    I didn't orgasm at all. In fact it was hands down the worst sex ever lol...my water broke 3 hours later.
  • halinichols
    October 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    Interesting lol. Did it hurt? It doesn't hurt me, it feels better actually.

Quoting Kennadismom:

I didn't orgasm at all. In fact it was hands down the worst sex ever lol...my water broke 3 hours later.

• Kennadismom
    October 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Quoting halinichols:

Between the pain and feeling like nothing short of a hippo it was not a good time lol sooooo worth it though!! We had sex regularly my whole pregnancy but by then I wasn't feeling it. Plus it was like 99 degrees that day which didn't help the "mood" :)

Pregnancy