Pregnancy

Featured Posts
butterflycircle
Some people....
October 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

A friend of mine was all "I am having a natural child birth. I am not going to be induced or have the epi. I have seen the videos and done the research and it is so bad for baby" blah blah blah. She was all "I am going to breastfeed. My mom swears by breastfeeding and why would you put anything else into your baby."

Well at 38 1/2 weeks she had contractions and went to the hospital and they monitored her and sent her home after a few hours b/c she stalled and wasn't progressing at all. A few days later she had a dr appointment and she oppted for induction. She got to the hospital and had the epi as soon as she could. Wow how her tune changed once she had those real contractions for a few hours just before her due date! I just think hahaha that is what you get for putting everyone down when you had no idea what you were talking about. Now she is all "I wish ppl would stop scaring ppl out of inductions saying they will end up having a c section. I was induced and I would do it again." Hers was not needed and she was already dialated, her body was ready for it. When your body is not ready, yes you could end up with a c section easily.

My other issue. Breastfeeding. People complain about how they couldn't breastfeed and it was not working and blah blah blah. They say they didn't give baby a bottle so that they wouldn't get nipple confusion, but they did give baby a pacifire.... This particular friend also breadfed but within the first few weeks she was bottle feedinf breast milk, breastfeeding, and giving a pacifire then wondered why baby wouldn't take the breast any more.... hmmmmm. 

I am not perfect in any way. I had a hard time breastfeeding and quit with my first. With my second we did it and I am glad. I had been induced and I have had the epi too. I don't think there is anything wrong with these things. It is the peoples attitudes that bother me. They seem to think their way is the right way and then it happens and it is like... yea, wasn't so easy huh? Sorry lol just a rant

Replies

• LaughingTattoo
    October 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM

You only learn with experiance. Doesnt make people bad people. When they are saying such things adamently, they are often trying to keep their own backbone. As for me.....I always said I would get an epi and that I would only BF if it was easy. Come to find out, I now know its much easier without an epi or oitocen and that BF can be hard but is best for me.

• mem82
    by mem82
    October 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM

True. Sometimes they are saying it until they believe it. 8)

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

You only learn with experiance. Doesnt make people bad people. When they are saying such things adamently, they are often trying to keep their own backbone. As for me.....I always said I would get an epi and that I would only BF if it was easy. Come to find out, I now know its much easier without an epi or oitocen and that BF can be hard but is best for me.

• amy31308
    October 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

It is quiet annoying to hear people who have never been through something put others down and be offensive with the choices the plan on making. You just have to let it go in one ear and right out the other. 

I've seen many woman plan natural births, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, etc but then they are tired, sore, uncomfortable so they jump for the induction (which whatever, it's your body whatever you want) and then they breastfeed for a week and they say wow that's a lot harder than I thought- I'll just FF. And of course, everyone I know changed their mind on cloth diapering.

I know a lady who was all about ALL of this. She was out to be a "crunchy mama". Well one day when I saw her I asked her how nursing and everything was going and she said "OMG I quit that after a few days... I don't know you and other woman do it. It's way too hard." 

You just have no idea until you go through it. 

But none of this really bothers me. But I totally get what you're saying. 

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN