Pregnancy

Featured Posts
amber710
Maternity Leave: Did you/will you use it for the last few weeks of your pregnancy or only postpartum?
October 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I am 32 weeks and starting to get uncomfortable at my job. I am having alot of lower back and leg/hip pain. My doctor wrote me a letter for my employer saying that I was physically unable to keep working. I could give it to her and be able to start my maternity leave. But my original plan was to work until the day I had the baby so that we wouldn't lose the income until we had to.

I am a janitor. I only work Friday-Sunday and they do let me take breaks when I need them. I don't think it will cause any injury or harm for me to stay there, I am just uncomfortable and tired.

Would you start maternity leave or just hang in there until the baby arrives?

When did you/ will you start maternity leave?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 25% - Before the baby is born- taking the last few weeks of my pregnancy off.
  2. 48% - Only after the baby is born- only using maternity leave for recovery.
  3. 25% - Other

Replies

• misstaylor85
    October 9, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    I only get three weeks so only after baby is here.
  • Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    October 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    When I had nolan I worked right up till I went in to labor. Went back after two weeks... couldnr afford anymore unpaid time. This time arouns I quit my job at 8 weeks and I've decided to stay home for my entire pregnancy... thank goodness I have that option now with DH. Im not in a hurry to go back after baby either... I'm considering homeschooling this one :)
  • rockin2_manyMOM
    October 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    I worked until a week before my induction with my daughter (born at 41 weeks) and with my son I worked on a wednesday, off on thursday ajd had my csection on friday....he was born at 39 weeks. But everyone is different. I had 100% uncomplicated pregnancies (other than the actual births lol) No swelling, not much back pain (and that was only after full shifts on my feet)
  • swmmra
    by swmmra
    October 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I can't afford the time off, so I will be working until I can't anymore. 

• Dimples04
    October 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    With dd (8) I went into labor at work & my supervisor took me to the hospital. I hope to work til ready to have dd#2 too.
  • shoot4thestars
    October 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

My plan is to start my leave a week before my due date.  I'm only taking 6 weeks and I want as much time as possible with the baby, so I'm hoping to hang in there as long as possible.

• MrsRobinson06
    October 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    California allows 4 weeks before due date and 6-8 weeks after plus another 6 weeks for FMLA. I plan on taking all of it.
  • eykelley
    Liz
    October 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    I didn't plan to leave early. But was put on bedrest at 37w.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN