Pregnancy

Featured Posts
amber710
Maternity Leave: Did you/will you use it for the last few weeks of your pregnancy or only postpartum?
October 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I am 32 weeks and starting to get uncomfortable at my job. I am having alot of lower back and leg/hip pain. My doctor wrote me a letter for my employer saying that I was physically unable to keep working. I could give it to her and be able to start my maternity leave. But my original plan was to work until the day I had the baby so that we wouldn't lose the income until we had to.

I am a janitor. I only work Friday-Sunday and they do let me take breaks when I need them. I don't think it will cause any injury or harm for me to stay there, I am just uncomfortable and tired.

Would you start maternity leave or just hang in there until the baby arrives?

When did you/ will you start maternity leave?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 25% - Before the baby is born- taking the last few weeks of my pregnancy off.
  2. 48% - Only after the baby is born- only using maternity leave for recovery.
  3. 25% - Other

Replies

• misstaylor85
    October 9, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    I only get three weeks so only after baby is here.
  • Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    October 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    When I had nolan I worked right up till I went in to labor. Went back after two weeks... couldnr afford anymore unpaid time. This time arouns I quit my job at 8 weeks and I've decided to stay home for my entire pregnancy... thank goodness I have that option now with DH. Im not in a hurry to go back after baby either... I'm considering homeschooling this one :)
  • rockin2_manyMOM
    October 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    I worked until a week before my induction with my daughter (born at 41 weeks) and with my son I worked on a wednesday, off on thursday ajd had my csection on friday....he was born at 39 weeks. But everyone is different. I had 100% uncomplicated pregnancies (other than the actual births lol) No swelling, not much back pain (and that was only after full shifts on my feet)
  • swmmra
    by swmmra
    October 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I can't afford the time off, so I will be working until I can't anymore. 

• Dimples04
    October 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    With dd (8) I went into labor at work & my supervisor took me to the hospital. I hope to work til ready to have dd#2 too.
  • shoot4thestars
    October 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

My plan is to start my leave a week before my due date.  I'm only taking 6 weeks and I want as much time as possible with the baby, so I'm hoping to hang in there as long as possible.

• MrsRobinson06
    October 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    California allows 4 weeks before due date and 6-8 weeks after plus another 6 weeks for FMLA. I plan on taking all of it.
  • eykelley
    Liz
    October 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    I didn't plan to leave early. But was put on bedrest at 37w.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts