Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Rockinmomma1018
Please read.. Freaking out completely..
October 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Hey ladies. How are you?i am 3 weeks out of a c csection. I called my ob office earlier this morning to get the results of a urine culture that they did. I was told there was some bacteria in the urine and that it was called BV( bacterial vaginosis / gardnerella) anyone ever had this or heard of it? I don't even have any symptoms. But it was in the culture. I'm freaked out and nervous as all hell. Dr can't see me until tomorrow and he doesn't seem worried.. But I sure am. He said this is common and is usually just a mild strain bacteria. Hopefully he can just give me a cream rather than pills. I was just on a course of cephalexin.. My stomach is just stopping to hurt.. :-(. ( though my new set of nerves from this are freaking me the heck out).

Replies

• Natalia301
    October 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
    I had that dont worry !! Youll get pills for it ! Nothing major :)
  • Teenmommy1119
    October 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    Breathe mama! BV is one of the most common infections, I've had it before I got preggo. If I remember they gave me pills though.
  • Rockinmomma1018
    October 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    Does it go away and usually stay away after treatment?? Nothing serious can happen right?
  • LaughingTattoo
    October 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Its not serious at all. Promise. Its just like having a yeast infection

• anxiousschk
    October 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    There is nothing to freak out about. It's a simple infection that's super common.
  • Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    October 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I am 99% sure that's pretty common because of the cath... you will get meds and be fine. It really is nothing to worry about.

• bshoemaker
    October 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I had this about a million times when I was pregnant with my son. It is most commonly accompanied by a yeast infection but I had the same issue the first time,  no symptoms but they did a routine pap and found it. They just give you some meds to clear it up. Being pregnant and just having a baby your hormones are changing, it is complete normal.

• eykelley
    Liz
    October 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    I have the same and am on pills. I had a Csec 6 weeks ago. :D it's ok, u'll be fine.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN