Pregnancy

Featured Posts
NiChOlE06
Do you think breastfeeding helped
October 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
You lose weight? How long did you breast feed? How much pregnancy weight did you lose?
im planning on breast feeding, just curious how the weightloss is. I never breastfed past 5 weeks with either of mine and stopped for medical reasons.

Replies

• lulu_tattoos
    October 7, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    Yes! I bf'd ds for about 7 months before starting the weaning process, and bf'd dd for just a couple weeks or so before I gave up due to supply issues. With ds, I got down to my pre pregnancy weight in about 6 weeks. And then I dropped even more weight and was about ten pounds lighter than I was before getting pregnant. With dd it took a few months, and I never got back down to where I was before I got pregnant with her. But I was also a bit older and had put on a little bit of weight before the pregnancy too.
  • 4_little_angels
    October 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    I didn't do it for long but no lie I lost almost 20lbs in two weeks doing it. Serious.
  • Firenygirl180
    October 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I breastfed exclusively for about 9 weeks and I dropped from 250-215.  I continued to breasted at night and in the mornings until ds was 4 months, but that didn't help with weight loss.  I was back at 240 when DS was 13 months old and my second pregnancy started.  

• Raeann11
    October 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Nope, I am one of the few that hang onto the weight. Till done breastfeeding.

• Hoevegirl1986
    October 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    I havent lost any weight and ive been bfing for 15u months
  • LoveOfWisdom
    October 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    I know it did. I drop so much so fast people think I starve myself. Then I get under weight and it sucks lol. I eat constantly and don't gain back until they start nursing less.
  • tresproudmommy
    October 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Yes!!  I had a c-section so two days after I had my DD I had to go in to have my staples removed and I was still at my pregnancy weight.  At my six-week check up I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight....mind you I gained 45lbs during pregnancy.  I'm still dropping weight and I'm sure it's because of BF'ing because I'm only working out about 2x's a week.  My DD will be 3mths on the 11th.

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    October 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

my friend had twins 12 weeks ago and she has actually gained weight while breast feeding...course she needs to keep eating to keep her supply for both.

• TristaB
    by TristaB
    October 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    I've been bfing for 3 months, and no weight loss :(
  • RochelleFS
    October 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM

All 3 of mine were breastfed for at least a year. With my 1st I gained 80 lbs on full bedrest and didn't loose it all until after my 2nd. With my 2nd I gained 35lbs and lost that plus an extra 20 from pregnancy1 within 6 months. #3 I gained 30 and lost it in about 4 months.. I do think breastfeeding helped. I never did anything special to help loose the weight. Chasing after older ones while taking care of a newbie helped too I'm sure.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts