Pregnancy

Featured Posts
NiChOlE06
Do you think breastfeeding helped
October 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
You lose weight? How long did you breast feed? How much pregnancy weight did you lose?
im planning on breast feeding, just curious how the weightloss is. I never breastfed past 5 weeks with either of mine and stopped for medical reasons.

Replies

• kris0921
    October 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I did breastfeed with my son, but it took me a lot longer to lose weight. I gained about 40lbs and ended up losing in 9 months 30 of that. I had a csection with him that I think that had a big thing to do with it. With my little girl I am 3 days pp, and gained 35lbs and have alread lost 12lbs. I am breastfeeding again and looking a whole lot better at this point then I did with my son. I had a vaginal birth this time too I think that helps!

• mommy2bella
    October 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    Ditto.

Quoting Junebaby18:

I don't loose weight while nursing. Haven't with either of my 3 kids. I don't bf for the weight loss benefits, but for the nutrition of my baby's. I bf for 11 months X 2 and still bf at 15.5 months with #3.
  • Autumn19
    October 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM
    my dd is 9 months and im finally below prepreg weight. Ive been eating soup for lunch though so i think thats whats doing it.
  • mrsniebo
    October 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Yes! I felt like I had to eat constantly to not fall into an underweight BMI and so that size 0 pants wouldn't be falling off of me. I'm not normally that thin. I had gained 36 lbs with my first pregnancy and had lost 46 lbs by the time DD was 5 or 6 months old. (I had lost all of the pregnancy weight by the time she was 4 months.)

• NikkiL
    by NikkiL
    October 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I breastfed for 6 months with my first and 1 year with my second. I think it helped me lose weight. It has to, you burn so many calories just producing milk. I never weighed myself so not sure how much weight I lost, but my body was back to normal within 3 months.

• Mommatoobe
    October 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I breastfed for 1.5years. I lost 60lbs in a year. Dr.'s say that your body burns 20 calories per ounce of milk you make. By 1.5years I was making 9-10 oz of milk in each breast for EACH feeding, still fed her two to three times a day at that point.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN