Pregnancy

adriansmom11
you would know if you had a miscarriage right?
October 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM
i'm almost 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. i have never had a miscarriage. my last pregnancy was free of complications. a very easy pregnancy. i worried about miscarrying with him but for some reason i'm more worried this time. i guess the thing i'm most worried about is that i'll miscarry and not even know it. this pregnancy is going about the same as my last but...i'm still worried. if i could just feel the baby i'd stop worrying. but...that's a ways away....

Replies

• whitneymf
    October 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM

yes i think you will know. ive never had one but im sure you would know.

• GypsiSky
    October 7, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    Yes, you would know. Try to think positively :)
  • Lena-Loo
    October 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    I have had 13. You will know bc there is a ton of blood and all of your pregnancy symptoms go away the day of or the day after you start bleeding.
  • kathrynsmomma03
    October 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    If you know your prago ... Yes you would know but you can miscarry before you find out and not know thinking its just a late period ...
  • echupko
    by echupko
    October 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    I don't want to be a downer but no sometimes you don't know. It's called a missed miscarriage.

We lost our daughter in the second trimester and had no idea until I went to a checkup. I knew I didn't feel her much but I had an anterior placenta. I never dreamed she was gone ...

My first loss the baby never developed after 4 weeks and I didn't find out until 11w
  • adriansmom11
    October 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    Quoting echupko:

I don't want to be a downer but no sometimes you don't know. It's called a missed miscarriage. We lost our daughter in the second trimester and had no idea until I went to a checkup. I knew I didn't feel her much but I had an anterior placenta. I never dreamed she was gone ... My first loss the baby never developed after 4 weeks and I didn't find out until 11w

no that's good to know. i'm sorry for your loss but thank you for sharing that
  • dlane12152007
    October 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I knew I was miscarrying when I had a sudden burst of energy ( I am always extremely fatigued in the 1st trimester to the point of that I have randomnly fallen asleep and wake up a few hours later not even realizing I have fallen asleep). So when I suddenly had all this energy to do stuff I felt weird, then a few hours later I begin cramping(if you've ever been constipated it felt like the cramps you get with that when you really have to go TMI) then a few hours after that I began bleeding and dr. at er confirmed it that night that it was a miscarriage.

• aussiechic
    October 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I've had several. 1 was early at 4w3d.  The second, i went in for my 8 week ultrasound and it had died at 5w3d.  The miscarriage started naturally and without drugs 2 days later so It was coming...  :/

I knew something was up with the second one though because i wasn't getting sicker.... I had started with morning sickness.... but it just didn't worsen. 

So with this pregnancy I was PARANOID. Due to recent losses, the docs had me do ultrasounds every 2 weeks and lots of bloodwork. Found out my progesterone was low which was causing miscarriages so I was started on supplements right away. so far so good but the fear never goes away.  ((bigs hugs)) and congrats on your pregnancy.

• 1ontheway12
    October 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    wen i had a miscarriage i thought it was just really bad cramps after bleeding for a few days and going through a big box of tampons and soaking a super plus within 5 min i knew something was wrong (tmi) i took the tampon out and it was a huge gush of blood the hospital confirmed i was having a miscarriage i didnt no i was pregnant i had no signs or symptoms
  • kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    I also don't mean to be a downer but I had a missed miscarriage and didn't know it. I started losing symptoms and then had some brownish discharge. I went to hospital and they did an ultrasound. The baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks 5 days but I was at 10 weeks and a few days. I never had cramping or bleeding, even when I had to wait 3 more days before my D&C. I hope your pregnancy continues to go smoothly.

Pregnancy