arigdon4
Do you/Did you keep a pregnancy journal? (Pic Heavy) PIOG
October 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I'm curious if any else is keeping a pregnancy journal?

This is our first baby and DH bought this journal for me when we first started trying. I keep all the little things in it (appmt cards, all the ultrasounds, the invite form his baby shower, belly pics, etc.). I also write about how each appmt goes, when I first stared feeling him kick, anything I can think of that is "important". And I'm not the only one that writes to the baby, Daddy and his aunts have too as well as both of his grandmothers....

Do I honestly think that he will ever read this? No, not at all but I like to do it and it's a keepsake that I can look back on and remember all the little things. I want to keep writing in it even after he is born about when he first rolls over, first tooth, word, tons of pictures I'm sure, etc...

So did you/do you keep a journal for your little one? What do you put in the journal?

Here are some pics....

This is the journal front, the first page (his name page), the first pos. pregnancy test (it's sealed in tape...but bash if you want) and where I write down his heart rates at each appmt.

Here are some of his ultrasounds, appmt cards, and the invite from his baby shower.

Here are some of the belly pics that I've added...It's really interesting to flip through and be able to actually see that he's getting bigger every time :)

And here are some of the pages that I've just journaled in.One is the original name list. It also has an entry from his Daddy (DH) and one of his weekly update entries. :)

Thanks for reading and have a great night! :)

Replies

• lovemyhoney19
    October 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    I think it's beautiful and sweet that you take the time to do that and I think he will love looking through it when he is old enough to understand it. Nicely done :)
  • Turtledoves
    October 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    Yes, I do. I had a pregnancy book, a baby book and I also have a detailed blog that I write in for a day to day basis. I like to read back on it, so if she's not interested later, it still serves its purpose.
  • toria2316
    October 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I have a 2 baby journals. I use one more frequently but its mainly just about doctors apts, weight, hb, etc. Then I have a notebook where I write to the baby.

• Heather2001
    October 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I didn't, but yours is awesome!

• lovengrace
    October 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    No i dont think i could keep up with one but im loving yours & all that it details. I tried tho. When i had my #2 i bout my son (9) at the time a " im going to be a big brother" scrapbook for the baby. I thought it would be a nice project for us. Basically it got filled. I wonder what happen to that book. Because now baby #2 is 6yrs old. She would love to leaf thru it now. She always grab the family picture album book to glance thru once in awhile. I think she would like to get one for her lil sister (#4)thats on the way. Hmmm.
    But with baby (#3boy) i decided to keep just a bump pic album. On certain days ill let the kids paint on my tummy & we'll take pictures. We had a nice fun time.
  • Raeann11
    October 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Yes I did with all three of my girls.

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    October 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM
    I never did - but that's a great idea!
  • halinichols
    October 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    No.
  • baby_mama7
    October 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    I didn't with my DS #1 and regret it very much.. :( but you live and learn. I did this pregnancy and I've taken much more time in his baby book making it look nice and keeping up with it. I really beat myself up over not doing it with my DS. But I think I'm going to get a special little journal and write to him and record things in. Just hope I can keep up with all of it because I'm due in 2 weeks with our second little boy and if he comes on due date DS 1 and 2 will be 15 months apart to the day
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts