Pregnancy

JustCallMeBritt
Stores doing away with maternity clothes??
October 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I have gone into soo many stores and they do not have a maternity section. I walked into JcPennys yesterday and they informed me they are doing away with their maternity section also. wth? I remember when every store you walked into there was a huge section. Now, I guess they think we dont need maternity clothes anymore.. grr. The only stores I have found that have maternity any more is, Motherhood and Kohls. Both stores have limited selection and I mean LIMITED. Where do you shop for your maternity clothes? I know online is a choice, but Im getting so big so fast I needed clothes days ago. Help! Lol. 

Thanks ladies. 

Replies

• FarmGirl2B
    October 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Our local Old Navy also stopped carrying them. I was so mad!
  • aireeno
    by aireeno
    October 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    Those are the only two places I can think of also. I ordered mine from Motherhood online.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    October 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    Our Walmart stopped carrying maternity clothes when I was pregnant with my first in 2008
  • LaughingTattoo
    October 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I order mine online bc I have a certain style I like to keep with lol. That and the only stores here that carry maternity are Mimi (too expensive for what you get), Motherhood (bleh) and Walmart (hork)

• twolilgirls712
    October 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    target has a section. I get all mine from a consignment shop there all nice and half the price;)
  • RochelleFS
    October 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM

IDK, I'm having trouble finding things too. All we have is motherhood and I didn't find much there. I'm mostly wearing sweatpants and big tshirts until I can find something. I'm stuggling to find bras in my size too. :(

• kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    I had same problem. I went to motherhood, target, kohl's, and consignment shop. I also remember seeing some at babies r us. Ordering online never worked for me due to my shape, a lot of things didn't fit right. I would try on 20 things and only leave with one or two things.
  • aidenmomplus4
    October 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

The local old navy, gap, and destination maternity are all options, I go to destination maternity since it's strictly maternity and the other other option is just going up a size in regular clothing or purchase empire waist dress. Because of how fashion is right now, you can get a way with cute leggings and a tunic, also Target is pretty good as well. 

• LoriAnn87
    October 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I shopped online for my materinty clothes because many stores didn't have my size. I shopped at old navy and mother hood materinty.

• rachelrothchild
    October 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Target, Sears, and Old Navy usually have maternity sections.  Motherhood and Pea in the Pod are specialty stores I've shopped at.  Also try consignment stores.

Pregnancy