JustCallMeBritt
Stores doing away with maternity clothes??
October 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I have gone into soo many stores and they do not have a maternity section. I walked into JcPennys yesterday and they informed me they are doing away with their maternity section also. wth? I remember when every store you walked into there was a huge section. Now, I guess they think we dont need maternity clothes anymore.. grr. The only stores I have found that have maternity any more is, Motherhood and Kohls. Both stores have limited selection and I mean LIMITED. Where do you shop for your maternity clothes? I know online is a choice, but Im getting so big so fast I needed clothes days ago. Help! Lol. 

Thanks ladies. 

Replies

• FarmGirl2B
    October 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Our local Old Navy also stopped carrying them. I was so mad!
  • aireeno
    by aireeno
    October 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    Those are the only two places I can think of also. I ordered mine from Motherhood online.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    October 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    Our Walmart stopped carrying maternity clothes when I was pregnant with my first in 2008
  • LaughingTattoo
    October 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I order mine online bc I have a certain style I like to keep with lol. That and the only stores here that carry maternity are Mimi (too expensive for what you get), Motherhood (bleh) and Walmart (hork)

• twolilgirls712
    October 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    target has a section. I get all mine from a consignment shop there all nice and half the price;)
  • RochelleFS
    October 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM

IDK, I'm having trouble finding things too. All we have is motherhood and I didn't find much there. I'm mostly wearing sweatpants and big tshirts until I can find something. I'm stuggling to find bras in my size too. :(

• kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    I had same problem. I went to motherhood, target, kohl's, and consignment shop. I also remember seeing some at babies r us. Ordering online never worked for me due to my shape, a lot of things didn't fit right. I would try on 20 things and only leave with one or two things.
  • aidenmomplus4
    October 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

The local old navy, gap, and destination maternity are all options, I go to destination maternity since it's strictly maternity and the other other option is just going up a size in regular clothing or purchase empire waist dress. Because of how fashion is right now, you can get a way with cute leggings and a tunic, also Target is pretty good as well. 

• LoriAnn87
    October 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I shopped online for my materinty clothes because many stores didn't have my size. I shopped at old navy and mother hood materinty.

• rachelrothchild
    October 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Target, Sears, and Old Navy usually have maternity sections.  Motherhood and Pea in the Pod are specialty stores I've shopped at.  Also try consignment stores.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts