Today is National Grouch Day!
honor of Grouch Day, let's share those things that just seem to
be making us grouchy lately. Reply with one of your biggest pet peeves,
and those things that seem to make you grouchy lately!
Man, have I got a list!
1. I'm tired of being single. I'm 41 and haven't been in a relationship in a decade. Most guys I bump into are looking for a booty call and don't know how to be friends. I've never been married, always hoped to be, and the docs have informed me that very soon any more children could be impossible! This Sweetest Day is my 10th single. SUCKS.
2. I'm tired of people stealing my ideas and writings. This past weekend, I found out some 20something stole some old erotica I'd written five years ago! She put her name on it! I reported her, but DAYUM! People have stolen my ideas at work and even my fave TV shows, too because I follow and support it. No credit, just zip zap gone!
3. I'm tired of haters. If I CHOOSE to work hard and do MY best, leave me alone! I'm not hurting anyone. Been dealing with high school level crap this year at work, and I'm tired of THAT.
4. I'm a single mom with a sickly elderly parent to look after. I work with kids for a living. My life is basically consists of taking care of everyone, and hardly anyone steps up for me. I'm tired of everybody telling me "I'm going to be okay" but not helping, when I do that for others. I may be strong but I'm HUMAN, DAMMIT!
5. I'm tired of feeling guilty for wrestling with my faith. I don't know how to give up, but I also don't know when/if my season of joy will begin. I need it to! I've spent ten years single, ten years without a full time job so I am constantly doing odd jobs and what not to make ends meet, and ten years working and having others benefit from that and I get overlooked like it meant nothing. Faith is a nice thing, don't get me wrong, but when people are constantly calling your name, when problems constantly spring like dandelions, and there's no one to hold you, love you, help you for YOU...where is the miracle in that except that you keep breathing to just keep sucking it up?! Even THAT is not a comfort at times.
Okay, I'm tired, just plain tired.
by Queen_SheilaOctober 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I had to call off work because I was afraid to leave my husband alone with our son, he has been stressed out having to stay at home all day with him since he has been out of work and the baby has been grumpy the last several days. So that's why I'm pissed off because I can't afford to call off work, but I had to.
by babyblue415October 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Never being able to sleep my 13 hours like i used to. now i should be happy if i get 7-8 and hubby expect me to function on 5-6.... fuck this.
October 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM
my grandfather in ICU dying of stage 4 cancer
by melissam78October 15, 2012 at 12:14 PMKids not waking up in time for school after telling them to get up 5+ times,messy rooms,laundry is ALWAYS piling up,so on n so forth,but surprisingly my mood is a little less then grouchy-and compared to some of the above comments I feel guilty for complaining
by xLilBit22October 15, 2012 at 12:15 PMI cannot stand hubbys cousin lately. He's so annoying and is used to being babied sorry but I only baby my hubby nd dogs. Nd hubby wont send him back to fl w/ his parents bc he doesn't listen nd gets in trouble. NOT MY PROBLEM! Aghhhh!!!!! Phew ok love this grouch day had to vent a little
by NitanniOctober 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM
by ncoheteroOctober 15, 2012 at 12:16 PMMy husband keeps calling me lazy for not being about to keep the house completely spotless and run out to get him things in the supermarket as soon as he realizes he needs a snack. Fuck him I'm 35 weeks pregnant