Pregnancy

Featured Posts
ANNETTELYNN
I AM HORRIFIED!!!
July 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I AM HAVING A BOY AND I ASKED MY NURSE A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT CIRCUMSISING.

ONE WAS WOULD THEY GIVE MY SON LOCAL ANESTHETIC SO HE DIDNT FEEL ANYTHING? AND SHE SAID NO!!!!!!

MY HOSPITAL DOES NOT ALLOW LOCAL ANESTHETIC FOR THAT!!! EVEN IF YOU ASK!!!

THIS IS HORRIBLE!

MY CHILD IS NOT AN ANIMAL!  :(   SO SAD.

Replies

• butterflycircle
    July 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM

They believe that babies don't feel pain there until around 6 months when the nerves develope there. I don't know if i believe that. We opted not to have our son cir. He hasn't had any troubles and there really isn't a medical need to have it done the risk of getting a urinary tract infection or other things is only like 2% higher than ppl who are cir. I did a lot of reaserch on it before we made the decision. My husband is also not cir. and he has never had a problem. In other places in the world the rate of cir. is way less than it is in the U.S. and even here is it starting to go down.

• Pandapanda
    July 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I didn't want my son circumsized, so i'm pretty neutral on the subject, so bear that in mind.

Later in life, if they choose to have a circumcision (which they likely won't- keep reading), it's a big surgery that includes getting an epidural and a 2-4 week recovery as an adult. 

Quoting 3rd2bedue:

Just curious at what age you expect for them to be able to make that choice.... Do you see it as cosmetic? Im debating letting my third son be circumcised is why i ask (he is still a bun in the oven atm!) ^_^ 

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

They usually don't do locals. I will never forget when Hawk was born the sight of this poor baby in the nursery with him.... My boys are NOT and that is a choice they will have the right to make when they get older

• BiPolarMomto3
    July 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    When they turn 18 they can make that choice. I have NO RIGHT to take that away from them. It's his body not mine ! (IMO) ... I have no right to make such an important decision like that for him. The way I look at it is how would woman like it if they grew up not knowing what a true organs felt like because someone cut off their clit at birth? It's barbaric REGARDLESS of what anyone says. Please do your research... Do it wisely watch the procedure online and make an informed decision. If you would like to talk more please message me :)

Quoting 3rd2bedue:

Just curious at what age you expect for them to be able to make that choice.... Do you see it as cosmetic? Im debating letting my third son be circumcised is why i ask (he is still a bun in the oven atm!) ^_^ 

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

They usually don't do locals. I will never forget when Hawk was born the sight of this poor baby in the nursery with him.... My boys are NOT and that is a choice they will have the right to make when they get older

• TTC2Long
    July 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    Many babies pass out from the pain. :'( People think they went to sleep but really their little bodies just shut down. :((

Quoting yellownes8:

Interesting...I never even asked if they gave an anesthetic where I delivered. I thought that was basic protocol. I wonder if my son got it? They brought him back to me right after it was done and he wasn't even crying so I'm assuming he got it.
  • ANNETTELYNN
    July 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM

thanks everyone for your input.i still havent decided what im going to do.. i want to do as much research as possible. and some people are right, they wont remember it. but its just the fact that my child has to go through such horrid pain for them few minutes, or how ever long it takes. i dont want my son to hurt or feel any kind of pain no matter what..even if his heart breaks when hes a teenager, i still might cry. i want the best for him. so maybe i will let him decide.but then again, recovery time would be longer. 

i have no idea what im going to do. im sad. and lost. ;(. i wish i had to go through it, rather then him .

• lillucky8
    July 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    Hmm.
  • mama232011
    July 5, 2012 at 11:18 PM

even with a local seriously right after birth their skin is so sensitive it will still be very painfull 

• mama232011
    July 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

watch a video of it being done seriously i was debating it but after that how could you

• nickigoingon8
    July 6, 2012 at 8:25 AM

They gave it to all my son's when they got theirs done. I have four boys too and they were all born at different hospitals...I have never heard of that before...talk to your ob if he/she is the one who is doing the surgery and make sure that lady knows what she is talking about.

• yeehawmama3
    July 6, 2012 at 8:27 AM

have you thought about not circ? there are no medical benefits. i dont want to get in a debate but research it yourself and go with your gut,

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts