xredstarsx
how do you feel about baby showers for a second baby?
April 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM
My dd will be 3 when this baby is born. Honestly we were so broke when she was a baby that we sold almost everything. The only big thing we have left is a pink swing. We have some girly clothes too. I just wonder if its another girl if people will think I am being rude and greedy. With a boy I would think they would be more understanding. Also I think of showers as a celebration of the new baby not just about presents. What do you think?

Replies

• KairisMama
    April 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I think SHOWERS imply a gift is expected. I had a girl first and had a HUGE shower. I had a boy second, but only had a small sprinkle. I got some clothes and diapers. I saved all of my big items, so clothes was all I needed.

• heather4511
    April 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    I think if you had another girl, a baby sprinkle/ little get together would be best. A full on showerr when you have a girl, even though you didn't keep everything, might seem a bit greedy. A boy is more understandable
  • cjmarty
    by cjmarty
    April 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I personally do not enjoy baby showers (humoring my mother-in-law by having one), but I see nothing wrong with it. :) And what difference does it make if it's your 1st or your 4th? They all require things.

• NotAsPlanned
    April 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    Yeah, I agree with this. I know it may suck cause you had to sell the big items but from your family and friends views they already bought you the big stuff. And I do agree that showers are about celebrating a new baby too but a sprinkle would do the same without making people feel like they have to get you a lot of stuff, potentially making them feel like you are being greedy.

Quoting heather4511:

I think if you had another girl, a baby sprinkle/ little get together would be best. A full on showerr when you have a girl, even though you didn't keep everything, might seem a bit greedy. A boy is more understandable
  • Javamama619
    I think its fine I will have 4 boys when this one is born, I didn't get a shower at all for ds1, I got one for ds2 thanx to a good friend, nothing for ds3, and this time with ds4 my mom wants to give me one
  • -mrs.mamma-

I guess it more depends on how your friends/family feel about the issue.

we have two boys. 1st was a mid November baby, and our second was born Dec 1st..so, within weeks of each other, which turned out GREAT for being able to reuse seasonal clothes, etc. and we saved most of our things, so.

if you have someone who will throw a shower, great. if not, I would just start saving.

• Jessica181989
    April 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Baby showers to me is celebrating new life. Every child should be celebrated!

• Nancy34
    by Nancy34
    April 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I think the same thing... but who knows what will happen

• eykelley
    Liz
    April 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    I'm having a second one. With DS I had all of 7-8 people show up. I barely got anything. We bought everything big. Last year DH and I decided not to have anymore kids so we gave EVERYTHING away. Well, last Oct we decided to have 1 more. I am 21w with a lil girl and we have nothing. Especially since we have a boy first. We decided to throw our own shower. I have a friend who is helping me make all the invites, is the RSVP person and help decorate the day of. The shower is costing me about $100 to throw lol. So, I'm excited. Plus I'm not the type of women who likes to be around other women. So, this is a family style shower. Men, women, and kids. DH and DS are super excited.
  • lovemyhoney19
    April 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    Nothing wrong with baby showers for every pregnancy. Maybe it's because in my culture thats what we do. Every baby is a celebration and each baby deserves that shower. Even if you don't get big items but at least you can get lots of the basics. I say go for it.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts